Pages of Shustah cards

Seaqueen

Pages of Shustah cards - Learning & Reading

Of all the decks in my collection of cards I find the Pages of Shustah(c) quite intriguing. This divination & meditation deck was created around 1974.

The deck consists of 70 cards grouped into 5 different colors - red, green, yellow, blue and black. Each suits contains 14 cards. The accompanying book was written by Ann Manser and Cecil North. The sketches on the cards were done by Ann Manser, mostly in pen & ink. The images induce movements within the cards that provide a great venue for psychic awareness of the cards.

The descriptions in the book are brief but there is enough information provided to give you a good foundation. Each card is described on 7 levels of comprehension.

The RED cards depict challenges, obstacles etc much like the Swords of the Tarot.
The GREEN cards depict growth, advancement, progress etc. I would equate them to the Pentacles of the Tarot.
The YELLOW cards depict creativity, spiritual awareness, blessings and remind me of the "ideas" of the Wands of Tarot.
The BLUE cards depict serenity, gentleness, compassion etc. Similar to the Cups of Tarot.
The BLACK cards represent the 12 signs of the Zodiac with 2 cards denoting the Self (significator) and Destiny (fate), respectively.

The book details a few layouts, such as an Astrological wheel layout, specific question layout and the 3 card draw.

Card 1 will represent the "root" of the question
Card 2 will represent the "situation" or "problem
Card 3 will represent the "result" or "outcome"

The book states that there is a relationship between all three cards and depending on the scene in the cards selected, it will either hinder or enhance the totality of the meaning.

I will use an example that is posted on the Ask my Cards blog.
The pages of Shustah trio is yellow Lord of Concentration, blue The Fishes and yellow The Coins.

"Immediately you notice 2 yellows which is positive and does represent creativity and gain. The blue card that is surrounded by the 2 yellows holds within it a positive energy as well. Three highly positive cards in color.

Lord of Concentration is about focus, that is obvious. It is about making up ones mind. What I feel about this card is the process of manifestation - it reminds me of magic. About asking the Universe for empowering a goal or concept that you want developed. To set up the circumstances so that you can receive the blessings contained with The Fishes card.

There is confirmation that something near and dear or important will come to pass - through pure chance. Or is it? The energies are already at work to set up the possible increase or expansion that is to follow depicted by The Coins. Because The Fishes is a minor wish card and is surrounded by yellow on both sides- this wish is about gain & creativity. Creativity means to remove rigid boundaries and to let loose and play. You cannot play if you have walls surrounding you, those walls limit you even though in some capacity they protect you. When I say play I mean to create.

The last card shows the potential of today ending rather well, no matter what happens. It is about increase, could be financially but this is not always the case. When you tie in the Lord of Concentration to the Coins card you see a perfect example of THE LAW OF ATTRACTION, thinking your way into abundance -whatever abundance means to you. These two cards remind me of the Magician + 7 of Pentacles in combo."

Is anyone else studying the Pages of Shustah(c) cards?

Seaqueen

Also...

I forgot to mention there was no question in mind when those 3 cards were selected.

This is what happened.
The BLUE fish + the YELLOW coins turned out to be a win on a ticket that same night. Nothing substantial like thousands and thousands of dollars but nevertheless it was a good increase which was connected to a wish, my daughter's wish.

Abrac

I had this deck a year or so ago but traded it. I saw it in a shop and was intrigued so I bought it but never did really connect with it. The Pages of Shustah was a movement back in the 70s if I remember correctly, and the cards were one of the tools they used. I don't know but they may still be around, you would have to check on that. Definitely a different and creative deck! Pretty rare too.

Seaqueen

The deck

Abrac said:
I don't know but they may still be around, you would have to check on that. Definitely a different and creative deck! Pretty rare too.
Yes, the deck does take getting used to but once the images become familiar and there is a good understanding of the core meanings much can be revealed. It does make you stop and think on a variety of levels.

I paid quite a hefty price for the deck set that I have. I realized that it was an opportunity to buy it and so I did. Later, I found the Shustah deck at quite a lower price at The Temple of the Living God in their bookstore. I am not sure though if the book is included in the price that was quoted to me.
www.templeofthelivinggod.org

Reverend LeRoy Zemke is part of the Church's ministry on that website and he is also mentioned in the accompanying Pages of Shustah book as being the President of Shustah Incorporated back in the early 1970's.

I find this deck to be quite profound and it is an excellent meditating tool.

BodhiSeed

Skydancer, please post again when you receive your cards. I'm interested in how they read for you, and if the cards include a booklet of some sort.

Thanks,
Bodhran

Skydancer

Hi there! I sure will ~ ~ I'm a little nervous. However, just got an email saying that Ken Foor has accepted the money. Now to see if I get the cards!! ;)

Wish me luck!
Best always ~
*S*

Skydancer

I have been getting wonderful emails from Ken - my cards have now been mailed and I should get them by the end of the week.

Will update when they arrive. :)

*S*

Forgot to mention - he sends an email to get you started (I've already gotten mine) and there is a booklet with the cards. Plus he's available for questions, as I understand it. He's putting together his materials for an on-line course.

BodhiSeed

Thanks Skydancer! I'll be looking forward to your updates when the cards arrrive. Sounds like Ken is a nice guy.

Bodhran

Skydancer

Well I got my cards today - and so far they're pretty cool!
There is a chart giving multiple meanings for each of the 60 cards (5 colors, 14 cards in each set). It's up to us to use our intuition as to what each one is saying at any given time, based on the various meanings. I've done one draw - and it took me a while to decide on what it was saying. But I'll start another thread in the Oracle Readings Section here and we can discuss actual readings and questions over there.

Only thing is, the yellow shows up better on the computer than it does in person, so to speak. It's pretty light. But - each card is numbered in the lower corner so it's not hard to figure out.

All in all I'm pleased, and since I've been getting into Lenormand, and card oracles, this falls right in place for me.

Any questions? I'll answer them here, and then of course we'll have to do readings over at Readings so the mods don't fuss at us. :)laugh:)

*S*