TOADies Anonymous.

csmith0406

I've established a rule of one deck in, one deck out. It's been partially successful, it might be refining my collection to be more decks I love instead of just the latest thing that caught my eye. Though I have probably messed up a bit by allowing the "out" part to be after the "in" part, resulting in a steady increase in the number of decks. But slowed down for sure.

Achlys

I feel like I always fall off the bandwagon the second I hop on it. Tax return refund came in and I spent so much on decks ;~;

CharlotteK

I feel like I always fall off the bandwagon the second I hop on it. Tax return refund came in and I spent so much on decks ;~;

I am rolling around under the wheels of the bandwagon.

Going to delete the Ebay and Etsy apps off my phone. Snagged some OOP decks I quite liked the look of in ebay auctions, but they weren't top of the wishlist, I don't NEED them and I spent more than I should have for decks I am not even convinced I'll read with :( The Etsy one was a bored waiting for a train lapse... Argh. I wish I could be more like people who have a handful of decks they are deeply and meaningfully connected with.

csmith0406

I am rolling around under the wheels of the bandwagon.

Ha! Me too. For me I think I get double-whammied because I love Tarot, but I also love card art. I have a few cool looking playing card decks too, and I used to buy those more than Tarot, until I discovered the online Tarot market, and indie decks. I've been doomed since then. I remember the Beanie Baby craze and wondering why people would buy so many of them, now I am sure my friends/family look at me the same way.

Booklioness

Ha! Me too. For me I think I get double-whammied because I love Tarot, but I also love card art. I have a few cool looking playing card decks too, and I used to buy those more than Tarot, until I discovered the online Tarot market, and indie decks. I've been doomed since then. I remember the Beanie Baby craze and wondering why people would buy so many of them, now I am sure my friends/family look at me the same way.

I think you hit the nail on the head! There is connecting with the cards for actual usage, and there is the other side of the coin which is strictly for love of the card art.

csmith0406

I think you hit the nail on the head! There is connecting with the cards for actual usage, and there is the other side of the coin which is strictly for love of the card art.

Right! We are merely enthusiastic art lovers! I just did a quick and dirty estimate and I have around 8500 unique little works of art. :D (each card is unique!)

CharlotteK

Right! We are merely enthusiastic art lovers! I just did a quick and dirty estimate and I have around 8500 unique little works of art. :D (each card is unique!)
Yes yes! I love the art, I love looking at them.

G6

Beanie Babies, ha, good analogy! πŸ˜‚ OMG, people pay thousands of dollars for those things. Whoever came up with those is rolling in it! It's like now everyone that writes self-help books does affirmation cards too. They're like flash cards for people that don't want to read the book or just like pretty pictures.