celtic cross, thoth deck.

moon

I'm curious as to your insights into this reading I performed for myself. I just ended a longterm relationship, which has kind of affected everything...like dropping a pebble into water, I guess...lots of ripples. Anyway, here's what I got. I used the traditional meanings for each position in the spread:

1. Queen of Disks
2. 8 of Swords
3. Knight of Cups, reversed
4. 5 of Wands, reversed
5. Prince of Disks, reversed
6. Ace of Swords
7. 10 of Wands, reversed
8. Hanged Man, reversed
9. 6 of Swords
10. 4 of Swords, reversed

I really wish I could scan this spread. If you have the Thoth deck, lay them out. You'll see some interesting stuff, as far as the way the figures in the cards are positioned in relation to each other.

Jane

Hi,

What are the positions of cards 3-6.

Not all cross versions are the same.

Thanks,
Jane

moon

3 is on the bottom, 4 is to the left, 5 is on the top, and 6 is on the left. derf, sorry i forgot to include that : /

Jane

Hi moon,

I did lay this out, and it certainly is visually interesting.

I don't have time right now to write my interpertation. (I'm a really slow writer)

I'll try to post something later when I have a bit more time.

Jane

moon

ooooh, thank you for taking the time, i REALLY appreciate it. :D

Jane

Hi,

Well here goes nothin' ;)

I think the Queen of Disks represents you, normally you are a kind, affectionate, caring person, who is down to earth. The trouble right now is the obstacle (8 of swords). You probably feel stuck right now and are just going through the motions.

The 8ofS also indicates you may be having trouble seeing the big picture. This is a card of restriction.

I think the Knight of Cups is you ex. I think this person may either have been untruthful with you or perhaps was a bit moody and hard to deal with.

The 5 of wands in the recent past seems pretty obvious. The 5's are cards of making adjustments. I'm sure this wasn't easy, ending relationships never are.

The position of the 5th card is often called the goal. I see this position as what we thing we want. I'd say the Prince of Disks represents that. After the upheaval of your last relationship, you think you want someone like this, more steady and reliable. This may even be someone you know. Since this card is reversed, this may not be the best choice.

The Ace of swords in the near future shows you have the strength to to get going and get through this.

The 10 of wands in the self position shows you are probaly feeling kind of burnt out right now. You're feeling stuck (this fits with the first 2 cards). You need to let go and find a new direction, but your having difficulty with that right now.

The Hanged Man reveresed in the positon of how others see you, may show that other people (mutual friends perhaps?) don't really understand why you turned your world upside down with the break up.

The 6 of swords in the hopes and fears. The basic meaning of this card is that difficulties are overcome, by creative thinking. With the Ace in the near future it shows you have the power to do this, but...you have to do it.

The 4 of swords reversed in the outcome. It looks like you make be able to release some of your anxieties and take some time out to reorginize. It may only be a brief resipte.

So does any of this make any sense to you, or am I way off base. ;D

Hope this helps,
Jane

moon

right on the ball :) did you use the thoth deck when you looked at the spread? if so, did you notice the positions of the queen of disks and the knight of cups? the queen of disks was looking away from the knight of cups (who is most certainly my ex), but her body was still facing towards him. and the knight of cups was zooming off into the distance, in the opposite direction.

almost like...he's totally out of the picture, and i'm kinda standing there, wondering if i'll be able to go on. the positions of those two cards really stuck out to me. *shrugs*

anyway, thank you for your insight :D i really appreciate it.

Blessings,
Jess

Jane

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still working on my reading skills and it's nice to know whether it makes sense or not.

Reguarding the court cards in this spread, what I noticed was that both the knight and the prince were going in opposite directions. from the queen. Kind of pulling her in different directions.

I did an interesting exercise a while ago with the court cards. I read about it on a website somewhere. It said to match up the courts with a major that looked similar and see what qualities those cards had in common. This comes out differently for different decks, and for different people I would presume. Here's my associations for the 3 courts in your spread and how I think they may apply to this reading.

Knight of Cups-Death
Queen of Disks-The Universe
Prince of Disks-The Hierophant

I think the association of the KofC with Death in your reading is pretty apt. The relationship has ended, and I think as the basis or foundation, you are really in a period of morning right now. This fits with the interferance of the 8ofS and the oppresion of the 10ofW. I think you need this time to morn the loss of the relationship. Since it was long term, it obviously had it's good points along the way and it's natural to morn the loss.

I see the QofD looking out over her world or universe. In this card it looks pretty baron right now, but there are oasis springing up out there, I think those are what you need to focus on. Once you get through this you can be the dancing figure in charge of her universe.

The PofD as The Hierophant says to me that there is a lesson to be learned in all this. Since he is reversed I see it as a warning learn the lesson of the past and not make the same mistake twice.

With all the swords and the Ace being one of them, I think you will be able to do this, but it probably won't be easy for you.

So does any of this make sense? :-D

Jane

moon

I went to reply to this, and accidentally clicked 'post' instead of 'reply' so what I said is now posted as a new topic :/

sorry, sorry.

~jess