What Tarot/Oracle Universe would you want to inhabit?

DesertDream

Today I was google image searching some of the decks on my wishlist, it was motivating me to spend my little nest egg money I got. When it comes to decks, its a guilty pleasure and a weakness I allow myself(when feasible). Man, those cards are just so beautiful! They inspire my mind and imagination, and certainly fill with color the dismal days, and remind me of who I truly am.

So I as I looked through the cards, I started thinking it would be so cool if these images or worlds were real and how awesome it would be great to live in. Ah, the tendencies of a carried away Queen of Cups!

So this is my question for you all, What Tarot/Oracle deck(s) would you want to live in and why?
What is it about imagery that carries you away?
What characters would you want to hang out with?
What would you be doing?
What card would mostly depict your actions carrying on in the deck?(mischief, conquering, fighting battles, loving, making crafts, being a lady of the house?)
Why do you pick this little miniature world to escape too, if only for a moment?

These are the decks I choose, Tarot of 1001 Nights, Old Arabian Lenormand, Dream Cards and Tarot of Metamorphosis, Tao Oracle

Tarot of 1001 Nights world be how I would love my world to look, and my house! Thick lush carpets, vibrant colors, and skimpy belly-dancing wear, I imagine my self drinking strong mint tea, smoking a hookah and listening to the ancient instruments of the time take me away to the night, with the smells of roasting lamb, sumac, and saffron in the air! The card I want to live in here has me like the women in the 8 of wands playing and scampering around in the water with the other ladies. No, I am not gay, but the nakedness of the female form, and what it all means to me(being stripped down to honesty and innocence and beauty is what I would want my world to be filled with!). The two of swords in this deck has me hankering after a boat ride, and the magician tempts me with a ride, soaring in the sky!(the inspiration of the myths of flying carpets!:D) Every card beckons me with a land I wish was real, to step in and experience the atmosphere and the people they portray.

This also reminds of the old Arabian deck, this deck has desert Fennec foxes and Salukis and they are my absolute favorite k9's! Also this deck radiates a certain romanticism of the Desert whether it is hot, dry or close to death, or oasis's and desert flowers and landscapes and such richness in the vibrancy against the stark hard background of the desert or desert feel of the cards.

Tao Oracle would be how my heaven would look like, well some of the cards anyway, clear, calm, peaceful and full of depths only Tao wisdom could tell.

Tarot of Metamorphosis and Dream Oracles are fantastical worlds that I would love to be in. They remind me of the movie of The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassuss. Worlds I would step in briefly, but probably be glad to leave once I have gained some inspiration, anything goes in the images of those decks! LOL! That is quite scary if you think about it. It kinds of reminds me of someone for example going on a bad LSD trip.

Feel free to answer just one or all questions, then take the tarot deck, online or if you own it and escape into a land of exploration and imagination!

Falcor

Such an interesting idea!

Well I would LOVE my world to look like my Messenger Oracle..full of magic, nature and beauty of different creatures and gods.

My Shamanic tarot is a very interesting place to live in as well, everything has layers and there are spirits and demons and ancient knowledge to seek for.

I would love to meet the characters from Hudes deck and to talk to them, I am sure each has a great story to tell and to teach me some new things.

EmpyreanKnight

I've always been curious about 18th century Europe, so living in the milieu of the Tarots of Casanova would be very interesting. The Italian Trecento is a particularly fecund time for the arts despite the ever looming threat of the Black Death, so the Decameron Tarot would also be a viable alternative.

I am kidding of course. :)

I have a particular bent for the dark and gothic - I gorged on books like Melmoth the Wanderer, The Monk, Dracula, etc. during a g lit phase - so I would really want to explore the world of the Gothic Tarot by Vargo. I would have to load up on holy water, garlic, silver bullets, etc. though. And some self-control - the High Priestess looks like a smolderingly dangerous (literal) man eater.

violetdaisy

Well, I've had a couple of dreams anime style.....and am fascinated by fae. So Fey deck for sure, and I can visualize myself as most of the characters...I haven't read with that deck for years but I can see, Death, Wheel, Empress, Priestess, Wise one, Fool, Star, Moon, Strength, 2s, 4c, 3c, 7s, 3w, 8p, .... in my head and can be them.

I'm growing to really appreciate the world of my current study deck (Dreaming Way) as well. It's just a bit off center - and that's perfect for me.

I could live in the world of most of my decks. Not Froud though - way too dangerous. Soul Shrinker -what? I've read enough books involving the fey courts - *shudders*

Seelie aren't really much better than unseelie. Both involve deception, desire, and manipulation.

Anyways- No Froud. Too real. Neither of my recent acquired darker decks either.

I'm torn on Shadowscapes - I actually think it would be a little eerie to live there, so much reminds me of being in mist or fog.

Tanga

:D :D :D - Such a playful idea DesertDream!

Let's see now...
My Universe would be a combination of:

1) Barbieri Tarot - http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/barbieri-tarot/
The realms of Fire and Air containing mythic wyverns and dragons, Amazons dressed in regal fighting finery, (of which I of course, would be one - like the Empress in this deck), fantastical beings - and epic mounted air battles between magickal practitioners using magickal and martial arts alike. Lol.
I think I might ride on a giant bat, learn spell-breaking wisdom from the lady in the lake (of The 2 of Cups - see card link.), be instructed in archery by the King of Pentacles (though I suspect I'd find him highly irritating)
and periodically do my best to decipher the koans and riddles of The Devil (see card link).

2) Froud's Faerie Oracle - http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/faeries-oracle/
The realm of Earth...
Bring on raw nature and the animal and plant worlds that I might walk with panthers and sleep with wolves whilst on the move and at work - using the herblore surrounding me in my healing practice. I might seek the advice of The Lady of the Forest on herbs (see card link).
I'd relish rich flowering forests and tree people speaking to me to direct my path:

"Stand still...The forest breathes. Listen. It answers.
...No two trees are the same to Raven.
No two branches are the same to Wren.
...Stand still.
The forest knows Where you are. You must let it find you."

- extracts from Northwest Native American Tradition translated by David Wagoner

Bring on the Seelie and UnSealie courts with their mystery and bent ways. Goblins, Grimalkins, and Gates between worlds...I would hail Herne, refusing his call and avoid Titania like the plague (LoL!).
I might learn to sing with The Singers (see card link), perfecting my chanting repertoire for circle work (reference to ritual) - and probably refine my dance moves too (seeing as I do have some rather swish belly dancing outfits and some know-how in that department already).
I would dance by the moonlight (drawing down the moon to replenish my powers) and stride into battles with Cadres of warring Elfalme...

3) The Tarot of the Night - http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarot-of-the-night/
The realm of Water - velvet dark nights with full moons, warm twilight seascapes and castles.
And Artemis... roaming the back woods...
The place for repose - when surrounding family are not dabbling in occult skills and experiments!
I might dance with the bones of my ancestors, sleep in a four poster with rich silks, and the home possey of felines and hounds (blue burmese and Hungarian wizlers), and explore the stables to ride my favourite shandy mare by starlight.
I'd have long talks with The Devil and The King of Cups would be my bestest transgender friend.
(photo's to follow when I can get hold of the deck).

Will ya look at that... they're all dark, fantastical and nature filled. And the themes are battles and healing and magick. Such is the duality of my nature... healer by day, and martial and occult artist by night. Lol.

rylla

The Sidhe tarot. I'd like to live with fairies :)

Mystical cats - I'd like to be in a cat world :)

Redfaery

Shadowscapes Tarot, hands down. The swirls and lines draw me in with every reading. I wanna go play with those tree sprites!

Starshower

Ooh, what a fascinating & creative question! :)
I'll need to think about this further, but my first impulse atm is the Anna K world, with its real-looking, expressive people and lovely elderly Lovers radiating happiness. :heart:

I too would love to enter the graceful, slightly sad, pensive Hudes world and learn some mysteries ...

... or to shrink to ickle-people size and be an innocent Hezicos figure, frolicking upon the seashore or climbing mountains & trees with carefree, childlike innocence. :heart:

I would definitely love to be a medieval-dream-character in the Waite-Smith deck, dressed in strange, rich, elegant clothing and drapery and living out dramatic and symbolic set-piece scenes and tableaux. :)

I'm sure I shall imagine out many more ... great idea for a thread. :)

Barleywine

One where "What does he (or she) think/feel about me?" never gets asked, where wisdom arrives well in advance of age, and where all answers are the right answers. Lacking that, I'd take the Connolly Tarot where all the people look like someone I'd like to know (as long as there's "open season" on cherub-hunting)! ;)

WolfyJames

I'd love to be a vampire and roam in the Tarot of Vampyres' world.