An art of questions

Falcor

I have that feeling from time to time my readings go wrong/astray because I do not formulate my question in the best and clearest way. Maybe I am too vague sometimes or using the wrong words and that confuses the channel between me and the deck.

How and where can I learn this art of right/clearest questioning?

DesertDream

Yes, I believe the tarot or any divination system works best with clear, concise questions. This will assure both you and the cards know what is being asked. I believe this takes place on a energetic subtle leval, and if your mind is clear and pinpoint I think the cards will follow suit. The best way imo on how to ask clear questions would be to look within and look at the root of this question is. The root problem, or root issue, motivation or explaination, that can always be hidden in the question we seek. It can be a lot of digging, but without self knowledge one can never master the tarot or its mysteries.

I also reccomend you research how to phrase your questions to tarot and how and how not to ask something. Im sure there is stuff like this online! Also, can you give us an example of some questions? Maybe we can help you phrase and rearrange them a bit.

Good luck!

danieljuk

I think sometimes we beat ourselves up too much about how we phase the questions, yes it becomes an art but we have to learn how to improve our readings as we go along :)

The key I think is to not limit the tarot's abilities to give a message or the whole picture. Does this question end in yes or no? is it biased from the start in that only a negative or positive answer can come out? is it really vague? Starting a question with what or how normally produces a better answer and specifying a time frame! I always try to ask my questions from an empowered position to get a better answer.

But I think we need to ask wrong questions and questions which don't produce the best readings so we can learn as we go! I remember I did a large spread with a question and I asked the question wrongly which limited the reading. I should have made it open ended to give the best range of response by the tarot. When you realise you are limiting the answer to the question, you could kick yourself. It has so much it wants to tell you :) You learn as you go and when you can see the mistakes you are making, work out how you could have got a better reading. That is improving your skills :thumbsup:

Barleywine

Because my readings are largely situational rather than psychological, I try to stay with three of the five "W's" they used to teach in American schools back when critical thinking was an educational objective. So, "What," "Why," possibly "Who," and "How" are good ways to start a question. We all know that "When" and "Where" are much less approachable via tarot, but I'm working on ways to get at those in a more reliable way too.