7 year dryden fair 2016,

HOLMES

First day of the Dryden fair is done.
I got 80 dollars today, that was one 3 20 dollar readings and 2 10 card readings.
The memory fades..
I think the best memory is reading for a nice little teen who done readings, and even opened up a blog but got no response.. I pointed her to our trust atf. Sure there may be other sites, resources out there but I mostly only know atf here, as it is where I do the readings etc.

The psychic impressions still flowed..
One key thing is there was a young one who preferred to stand so while I doing the impressions thing as she was standing to my left. After I got some impressions I asked if she had an accident and she said yes..
And I said your back, and she said her ankle and her knee and her hip.
And I said because it is your hip, it is affecting the back as it is out of alignement, so the spine will be curve to the side like (gee I just forgot the word ). And later on when you are about 26 , you will get headaches as your neck will be out of alignment.. unless you get it fixed and aligned.
And she said she was planning. Then when I was doing the reading..i heard her say to her friend , “gee my back is sore “ I think it is a case of ehre you try to ignore some issues of your body as a mild pain I know that happened for me. Til I really noticed it and realized all thesudden it is more then a little ache.

Another young one came for a 10 card reading,,and I said you lost someone when you were 12 to 14.. and she said yes ,, and I said the person is still around you, I felt the presence come and loves you.
Her smile when said that was worth it. it was actually pretty cute for I was sitting there, and she was sitting there looking at the sign and me I guess so I caught her eye and smile and she smile and started coming over.

Tarot wise speaking.
My first reading I did was good. I saw the eight of cups ,, put it down. And said “you are moving yes “ and she was surpised and said “why do you say that “? And I showed her the eight of cups and explain how she was moving. And she said “yes I am moving in two weeks “ (I think or could be sooner or later )
And I said “you are done where you are “ and some emotion showed on her face.
Reading put aside.
It was a rainy day,,and most likely raining night. As it is in the forcast.
We waited due to the rain to set up gazebo,, then I realized I forgot the top to it at home,,and my mom and husand went to by themselves a new one. (they needed a new one for old one broke at sundace )
So when I came back from looking around,, my two nieces, my three nephews,,were helping my dad set it up..and I was emotionally touched for I figured they wouln’t help me.
We are outside see,, I forgot to send in the application, so they were very nice and let us put it outside in good spot.. I hope to make some coin tomorrow and do good readings.
As it is I am off to bed tired. I spent like 3 hours getting ready this morning,moving gazebo and stuff. Then the fresh air, and getting used to new sleep schedule got me tired.

this day my mom commented was all teens 16 to 20. I did feel like they got some help.

HOLMES

second night .

Second day of the fair..
Alas perhaps due to the heat today, I barely had any customers til probably about 7,, then I had one 40, 2 30s, a couple of 20s, and 3 10s.. gee I am not really sure..
Either way, I am over the hump so whatever I get tomorrow I am to the good.

Perhaps I should start taking notes .. hmm where to start.
Well on the way home, my mom was driving the speed limit and we just missed a deer.. I see him like almost gracefully go slow on the opposite of the road and then go in front of us , I yelled “deer deer “ and the deer finally bolted and we missed it by like six inces . we couldn’t’ go to the left as there was incoming traffic”. In retrospect,, it would of hit my side of the truck for sure as we went home.

Of the readings I did give, they were very meaningful (at least I like to think ).

My long distance relative recently lost their partner so I was doing my psychic tuning and felt her husand sprit (I worked on him last year after the Dryden fair,, he passed 3 weeks ago,that was the last time I saw him this was the first time I saw her since then) . in it I saw an attic, (they didt’ have an attic )
I saw a box,, and in that small box was something small that he wanted her to have , when everything is given away it is momento that means a lot to him.
She shared “he asked his brother to pick me up a gift as thanks for all the time I spent with him. So the day before he passed he couldn’t’ speak as he was sedated. But they gave her the box saying that it was what he wanted. The day before he died “ I felt chills for it was a true message.
So I said obviously it was true .

There was a girl who came for a reading and said she was going to colledge but didn’t’ know what for. So we did the reading.
In my attuning , I saw elvis,, traveling, and gee I forgot what else.
She said yes her boyfriend wants her to travel , but her mom said no, so I asked about elvis and she had no maningg.. so I said “can you sing “ and she said yes she was one of the main charactes in drama and even did a small broadway play. Oh yes, I remember now I also saw photography , she did photography In school and it turns an artist friend of her offered to look at her photograpy if she decidedes to go that route.
So when doing the tarot reading,, I saw the queen of pentacles but she looks like a dude. (I think it was the wizards tarot ?) . I looked at it,, and put it back down.
“are you sure you are done with acting “? Her face broke out with a smile , the kind where you get surpised with the truth so it was geninue smile.
“Why did you ask that “? And I explained how it was a woman dressing as a man,, or it was a man dressed as a woman so they were complete in the acting. And she said yes she wants to be an acteress.
And we talked about afterwards, she can become a director perhaps after she tries acting, and pointed her towards a possible photograpy course.

Another teen came and asked about if they could become a cosmopolitan (hair dresser ) and we talked about almost anyone can become that, and if she wants to be deeper thing like fashing mogul.
After some talk we decided on the life purpose oracle by Doreen virtuel.
Oh I should point out she was 14. I said yes for her dad gave the ok and said go check it out
I said in my attuning, I saw her dancing in front of a mirror and she said yes did that. Then we talked about artistic ability. I also saw a friend who she hasn’t’ seen in a long time and they did a pinky swear,, her little friend laughed at that. And she shared about how her best friend moved away to mexico and other places and we talked about the movie beaches.
The first card was crystals.. so I was disappointed for I looking for a deeper more definite answer like healer, or something along the lines.
So I talked about using crystals for healing,and making jewellery and even wearing a jewerley mandela .
And she exclaimed her mom wears that so it came out both their parents (she was there with best friend )who looks like her sister do reiki.
So I shared with them my reiki path , and how I went about doing reiki mastership.
The soul message was creative expression. On it was painting
She said she wasn’t’ a good painter but she can draw. To which her friend explained she was really great, which I think wasn’t just friendly encourage but a heart felt belief her friend was good.
So we talked about how some people draw etc.
They were from far away and came to the fair eheh. (interesting the people you meet ).

One person asked about if they could have a baby.. after some thought for I usually don’t follow that line but I felt a connection.
In the attuning, I felt guitar or playing some instrument.
She shared she played the fiddle. But doesn’t do it regulary..and she wasn’t as good as natalie mcmaster (famous Canadian fiddler ) so I talked about being creative helps the sexual center flow .
And the card that came up was the temperance card from the thoth tarot so I talked about balanceing the chakras and preparing the body to build up the energies of the chakra so she does yoga, and talked about tantra from american pie 2.
Out of curiousity I asked one person who I did the hits with (like got four hits ) if they like it, or preferred just to do the tarot reading, as i wondered if me sitting there with my eyes closed shuffling the cards perhaps may slow the fair for them or something.
She said, “I like it “ I didn’t’ ask anyone else though.

It is key to note this is the first time I used psychic attuning as the term for psychically,, spiritually tuning in.. it just feels natural as I wrote it to call it that.
Well I am off to bed . that is all I remember, I of course picked out key parts of the tarot readings that I remember. . , I also left out the readings I did for a niece, and two friends.
Hmm
Come to think of it,, I didn’t see the devil, death, lovers,high priestress, hanged man, world, judgement, or justice major arcana.
It is surprisingly for sometimes it seems like theworld card is in a lot of tarot cards.
Course I know just a matter of time before these do turn up 

HOLMES

day 3 and end of the fair

We pulled it off amazing enough, despite the rain, somehow people just started showing off and on during the day , I paid off the 165 and had 495 left to put on the card.
So in essence I made 490 today reading the tarot. That is quite the relief for I was like , well if I only make 200 at least, plus I got to read for people, have some laughs.

Starting off today let me share a funny moment..
My uncle left some mini doughnuts at the table and said “that’s for the kids “ he left,, my aunty was going to take them away but I said “uncle said they were for the kids “ .
So we were talking and I seen my mom help herself to a doughnut here and there,, and I helped myself to 3 small doughnuts. Surpised I was to see them all gone . my mom even joked “well they were in front of me,, and they looked so good “.
So I was sitting there with my niece sitting at one spot of the table, and my mom across from me,, and I seen my uncle at the doorway of the other building and starting walking over..
I said “ oh oh, he is coming for the doughnuts “ , I started laughing,, I looked at my niece and my mom and started laughing more as they were laughing. I saw my mom geninuine laugh and I lost it and really laugh with my big belly shaking as I start wheezing still laughing. In fact if this was mary poppins I would of floated off my chair for that moment.
I didn’t even hear my mom said “quick hide the doughnuts “ or see her give the container to my niece for I was laughing so hard.. I opened my eyes and my niece was saying “holy “ seeing me laughing and that made me laugh even harder.
It too a while for me to stop chuckling about it eheh. My uncle gentle smile even made laugh as he watch us laughing when he got to us.

Tarot speaking..
Sometimes the aces really are births. I put the card down ,the first card was outcome,, in the deck of a thousand spreads, and the card I put over it was ace of cups,, so I started saying you guys just made a major decision you didn’t share with me, and it is going to be turning out good, it is a new beginning for you both. “we just found out we are going to have a baby “ and I looked at the card and remembered that aces for some meant new births. So I shared that , and how the baby would be full of love and artistic skill. And how it would mean piano lessons,and ballerina lessons.
After the lady asked me if you accept tips. , and I said “oh yes, that is a first “ so I got an extra 5 dollars woot.

A fellow came , he wanted a one card reading,, he said he was 50 I was surpised, he looked like 30 . he said it was because he didn’t’ abuse his body and I believe him.

In the psychic aspect part, I saw promoter, so I asked if he ever did promoting, he looked at me and said yes he used and still does on the side.
So the card that came up was knight of swords reversed and I asked if he had a business partner and he said yes and was talking about the business partner was out for himself.
but here is where I was wrong,, his business part was older then he was and a lady. Meanwhile I was seeing that based on the card that he was younger. So after he told me so I corrected my insight to say that perhaps it would be like a lawyer (that priqued his interest as he said lawyer after me) that was only reporting to her so he should include himself in the meetings.
Then the soul message card was nine of swords reversed and I asked if he ever was a fighter and he said yes he was when he was younger. And I said it is time to stop laying down , I know you are trying to avoid conflict.
He said as he got ready to leave “you are absolutely right, you hit the nail on the head, it is time to cut some people loose “

I did try getting two names but they were both wrong or not any hits like a best friend etc.
But everything else where it comes to insight to seem to be right on. Of course it is kind of easy when you keep it vague to I get a son image. I think.
One surpising thing was the first card was a page of pentacles reversed,, and so I asked if they had a son they said yes,, 22..and I said no I am seeing a small boy, she had a small grandson she hasn’t seen in a year “ and I shared how the grand son was missing her , and she was missing him.
Just to share why I don’t share the readings I did for my friends and family is because I know them, so it wouldn’t be a huge surpise as when I read for strangers for then that is where the good readings are, or the connection that the tarot works when you get surprised reading for strangers as well.

An acquaintance surpised me by asking if I could read for his 12 year daughter , he wasn’t trying to find out anything. , I think he was trying to encourage her to come out of her shell. So I used the innerhild cards.
In my psychic tuning in, I shared there was one friend who was being wild , and one friend who would come back and share her story. I shared that being a friend isn’t about trying to change them but listen to them , to share the emotional connection. (her dad said thank you ) so we went through the cards..
And the soul message was the four of crystals so I shared how she had to work every day to where she wants to be, her dad already volunteer she was into hockey and wants to be a you tube star .
So I was sharing about how wayne gretzy worked hard to become a hockey player and they left, the dad was happy with the reading. (oh I should share she wanted one too, just was shy about it ) and she was happy about it. I think.

Funny thing is one of the girls who I read for came back with her boyfriend to read,, she sat to my right so I didn’t really focus on her face..
And his reading was going well,, not every reading shows artistic skill mind you, just a lot of readings for I think the guides want them to be creative with her talents.
The first card with the deck of thousand spreads was hobbies and talents so I asked if he could sing and he said was in a play and yes he could. (they both in the play together )
So the card turn to romance. (plus the insight gave him the warning of having a baby early vs going to school) and I seen her look at his girl..
And it was revealed that she was his girlfriend, and two of cups showed up so I was sharing about how good they are together.
Then I asked was it good, do you believe you could make it magic. And she shared she came for a reading yesterday and I apologized for I forgot her face.
It must have been the one who was the singer yesterday eeh.

Come to think of it there was another reading where the insight said she wanted a child.
And the girl who was just 20 said yes for some reason , out of nowhere for the last two months she been desiring a child when before she didn’t’ want a child.
So I shared the concept of soul contracts and why some people when they reach a certain age all the sudden feels a need to move west,, or start a new job..(calling It different then midlife crisis as that is different) . and she totally understood that.. and we talked about free will before we got to her reading..
And the theme was wanting child vs wanting a good education to have a career meanwhile leaving it up to free will for the choice ultimately will be hers “

I was commenting to my mom on the ride back after the fair it was kind of cool that no one objected to the notion of asking the higher power, god, or great spirit for help and to bless the cards.
Since I started using the technique in retrospect.
Oh yes by the end of day , every major arcana showed up escept for the lovers card. Which I was surprised for I figure for some of these youngs one,, the lovers cards would show up to give hope of a good love.
The other common theme is hardly anyone had something they wanted to know, or a problem that needed advice on,, everyone just wanted to know what the cards say.
Well I guess that is it for another year, I am just glad that despite the rain,, we got a good run.
Also if I wasn’t there Thursday, I would be out 80, and if not there by Friday and Thursday, I wouldn’t’ have beat the 165, and had the whole day to myself.
In retrospect our situation was the best,, my mom got to park the truc right next to the tent, so it was easy to pack up the gazebo . and the table, and get pop and such from the truck.
We are going to ask for that next year.

pollenpath

Really enjoyed reading about your experiences while reading at the fair, HOLMES, thank you. Great that it went so well for you and you were able to really enjoy yourself with your family too. And you even hit your target, and some. I really appreciate how your blog gives a flavour of what it's like reading for total strangers at an event that draws lots of young people. I haven't started reading yet but that's an age group I'm curious to connect with, since communicating with them at their level can be challenging, I imagine - times change so quickly and I imagine I would have difficulty picking up on their cultural preoccupations, which can be such a big part of how they relate and what's significant for them. Plus teenagers often have their secret life that they might be resistant to admitting to or sharing in a reading situation, so I imagine sensitivity is pretty important too, especially at a public event where they know they could be overheard. Sounds like you made them feel comfortable and even drew some of them out of themselves a little.

That moment where you were in stitches over the donuts was so feelgood!

HOLMES

thanks pollenpath

originally I started the thread following my tarot reading at the pow wow and the fair in the professional tarot forum when we had one. it was dissolved so my previous threads were moved to talking tarot. so I just continued the trend here.
if you go back to the first years and follow , you will see how a sort of natural evolution took place over the last 8 years.

as for reading for teenagers. I was sixteen when I started the tarot and I practiced on my friends who were teenagers at the time.

it is actually cute reading for a teenager who brings her or his buddies and you say something and the look at each other and giggle, a sort of in joke that as you say it is part of their secret life.

however it is the same if you get a group of friends like mostly I read for woman so I will use that as example ,, when you have two or 3 more woman sitting around ,, and you do a sort of hit . there is laughing or woos , and perhaps a couple of knowing looks between the two especially best friends.

plus it is good to bring humour into it,, like if they are nervous act as if you saw a scarey card, or maybe add some drama to what you say.

but sometimes you just can't bring a person out of their shell, or get them open energy wise.
I was fortunate this year to have all good readings. in previous years I had a couple where I just felt like I wasn't hitting anything.

there are a couple of people I notice that I just can't read for somehow they are blockd from me energy wise in my experiences.
and other times I think the client blocks you with their mind or something.
so thankfully this weekend I had a good time.

but yes the doughnut incident was funny, for it kept me light hearted for good while thinking of the laugther.
he came back and asked for the container like 2 to 3 hours later, I was surpised so I kept it In a bag where we put our garbage. and he whipped it and said "they ran out of containers at the doughnut truck " so by chance he get to have doughnuts when others couldn't for the container was relative kept clean . if he had tossed into the barrels ,there would of been gravy,, or who knows what else around it.