Delaying readings

nisaba

I was wondering if anyone else has a habit of drawing the cards for a reading, taking a quick glance, writing them down and then sitting down later to decipher them in more detail? Sometimes I just feel too overwhelmed and instead of wasting a reading, I thought this way might help me.

Do you think it's a bad habit or should be something to avoid?

<smile> I think it's just what people do as they're learning. If it helps you to deepen your knowledge of the cards, that's great. If you have the time to do that, it's great. If you're happy about it, it's great. :)

Tanga

There's nothing wrong with that :) :)

Mostly I prefer to read at the time that I turn them over.
I generally don't go in for "carrying" the translation of the visual feast around with me - because I find then, that it becomes a burden or distraction, whilst I'm going about the business of the rest of my life (y'know - 'cause I'm excited to 'complete the puzzle' :party: ).

But occasionally - if I look at the cards and they don't make sense, or the message appears complicated and I haven't the energy at that time, - I will go and away (to a good night's sleep, a cup of tea, a walk, or whatever), and as has been said, let my subconscious work on the problem for a wile, before I return.
(this is assuming ofcourse, that I'm reading for myself, or for someone who's not sitting opposite me waiting for the goods then and there).

Adriana

I often pull some cards before work and write them down or take a photo. At times they don't immidiatly make sense or I sense they try to reshift my focus on issues surrounding the question, maybe something I dont feel ready for.
Then during the day I think and feel on them, and sometimes I get this "aha" feeling, noticing things I didnt before, especially about cards that were in positions of advice etc. I let their energy seep into my mindset, if Im able to. Sometimes I just end up not getting any smarter about the reading at all, so it depends.

Achlys

If I don't have time to do a proper reading, I won't draw cards and then come back to them. It was never accurate the few times I've tried it. I would just wait to draw cards until I have the time to do a reading.
Although doing readings while stressed is never a good idea and will affect the accuracy in general.