Anybody tried soul collage?

Apollonia

Thank you so much for the encouraging words, Bean Feasa! I've never been very crafty, but there is something so inspiring about this proces--and when Raccoon showed up as my Third Chakra totem, I knew I was going to get some help from those clever fingers.

Bean Feasa

:) I'm glad it gives you such a buzz; it does me too. The images almost seem to float together onto the cards, don't they? Do keep posting.
I've had a lot of bizzyness lately, but hopefully there should be some quiet time coming up for me over the next week or so. I'd love to do another card or two, and will post if I manage anything halfway fit for public consumption.

Apollonia

Bean Feasa, I just looked at your "Source" card, and it is wonderful. The light and the simplicity say so much. You're right about how the images come together--yesterday I started on a card, not knowing what it would be, and without planning it, the images just sort of showed up. I'll post it when it's done.

I want to thank you so very much for starting this thread--I had never heard of SoulCollage before, and it is turning out to be a wonderful path to self knowledge. Plus, for someone like me who generally feels very "un-arty," it's so much fun to have something easy to do that ends up looking cool--even though the table and I do tend to end up covered in paste!

Bean Feasa

You're welcome Apollonia! :)
And I agree - it's totally stress-free (but sticky) art ;)

Apollonia

Here's my second card. This one is called, "I am One Who Believes in Magic."

Attachments

• magic.jpg
    magic.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 140

Bean Feasa

Apollonia - your deck is going to be spectacular!
How did you get the two cards into the picture - did you scan and shrink and then paste them on? Or did you do the whole thing in photoshop? It's wonderful.

I've done one more, but I'm not that happy with it - I want to change the background colour but haven't figured out how to, yet :rolleyes:
Still maybe I'll post it anyway - I guess the whole point is that it should come from the heart, not that it has to be perfect. I should be able to post it tomorrow evening - watch this space! :)

Apollonia

Hi, Bean Feasa! Thanks for the compliment! I'm thrilled that you noticed the cards, because I was wondering if they would show up and be recognizable. Yes, I scanned them and shrank them to fit the hand.

I hear you about wanting the cards to be perfect--I still can't believe I had the nerve to post these, because I have a very hard time showing anything publicly that isn't perfect. I think the author's emphasis on showing the cards is very healing. My husband actually didn't like the Magic card, and was quite outspoken about it. I just told him, "I didn't create it for you to like, just to have meaning for me." Since I used to just wilt when anyone criticized my work, this is a brave new stand for me!

Here's my Death card that showed up yesterday.

Attachments

• death1.jpg
    death1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 145

Bean Feasa

I love it! Keep going :)

Is that a heron flying over at the top? Some herons live on a river near me and I always get such a thrill when I see one of them - something really magical and mysterious about them.

I like the sandals too - they're kind of homely - a touching detail of what's left behind, I guess.

The middle 'band' of road really resonates with me - the figure walking away looks confident and yet vulnerable at the same time... at once dreamlike and real.

memries

This is really an interesting thread Beana Feasa. I once took a course just after my marriage broke up. It was with a qualified student of Louise Hay who was making the tour of places to teach.

She had us make a card for the future, all the things we would like to have and do. It was a wonderfully positive card and I remember how much I enjoyed the day. It really was a helpful afternoon and many people of different walks in life. The guy next to me was a "warrior" although in those days I did not have a clue.

I did not realize at the time that it was a card and could have been shrunk to fit card size. Funny how you open and learn as you go along.

So, I am going to make a card and hopefully will post when I get it finished. Have to cut out the pictures yet ! First step ! She just had a table of all kinds of cut out things. We just chose and it worked great.

Apollonia

Hi, Beanfeasa! Yes, that's a heron. I remember one time I was canoeing on the St. Croix River and discovered a huge colony of herons in and around their nests. It was fabulous.

You got the notion behind the sandals perfectly--letting go of what both protects and encumbers us, and moving forward to the light more vulnerable and less burdened. And, now that I am looking at the card again, probably coming to the place where we don't need shoes because we can fly.

Memries, I'm looking forward to seeing your cards. I would love to take a course like that!