Anybody tried soul collage?

Bean Feasa

Apollonia said:
And, now that I am looking at the card again, probably coming to the place where we don't need shoes because we can fly.

What a lovely way of putting it!

Memries, I'm looking forward to seeing your cards. I would love to take a course like that!

Hear, hear! I'll be watching this space :)

BodhiSeed

Bean Feasa,
Thanks so much for posting about this book! I've just ordered it from Amazon to use with my women's group. To all who've posted scans of their cards -- they are all wonderful, unique and inspiring!

Many blessings,
Bodhran

Colby

WOW!!! I'm a bit lost for words... the cards are all soooo beautiful!!! It's another project to add to my project list :)

It looks like it would be a magical journey :)

Apollonia

Hi, Colby! Yes, there is definitely a magical feel to making these cards. It's utterly absorbing, and since they aren't put together with logical thinking, it's amazing to see what imagines just seem to want to come together to make a card.

Here's my latest, the Wild Woman. I was amused to show this one to my husband and have him say, "I don't like this." I think he finds her a bit unsettling.

Attachments

• wildwoman.jpg
    wildwoman.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 135

Colby

Ooohhh I like that card Apollonia :) When I looked at it, it took me off into a field with lots of flowers around me. I didn't so much concentrate on the woman more on the images. Well done :)

Apollonia

Thanks, Colby! Here's my card entitled "I am the One Who is Angry."

I hope there are some other SoulCollage enthusiasts out there who'll post their cards--I have always been so shy to show anyone my creations, but having done this, I'm really enjoying just putting the cards out there.

Attachments

• the angry one.jpg
    the angry one.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 135

mooncat2

Hi Appollonia, :)

Your cards are awesome...............the original posts here sparked my interest and I think I can now be called a SoulCollage enthusiast. I've only made four so far but am inspired by the whole process............including the 'I am the One' exercises...........powerful stuff.

Have you discovered www.kaleidosoul.com yet? Don't miss it.......a great site and lots of activity and inspiration.

I have decided not to post my cards here because I want to keep this new and exciting adventure separate from AT.

:love:

BodhiSeed

Apollonia,
I LOVE your Wild Woman card! She seems beautiful, passionate, impulsive, and a bit mysterious, but also wise and earthy too -- what a great collage! Your cards are so beautiful they need to be framed or displayed in some way.

Mooncat,
I agree with you on the loads of information and ideas on www.kaleidosoul.com. The SoulCollage book I ordered seems to be on backorder, so I've had fun checking out that site while I wait.

For those who are looking for matboard, I've found ebay a great source at a decent price.

Many blessings,
Bodhran

Bean Feasa

Apollonia - the Wildwoman card is just gorgeous - its kind of luxurious and powerful all at once. I think I detect a pre-Raphaelite influence, do I? Is the woman from a Burne-Jones painting? His women always seem to have that special otherworldly aura. Interesting that it made your husband feel uneasy -probably a testament to its power.
I like the angry card too, very expressive.

Hi Colby and Bodhran, glad we've got you interested. And Mooncat, thanks for posting that link - I wasn't aware of that site and it opens up another whole gallery of soul collage cards. I just find this whole thing, both making my own cards, and viewing others' cards, so fascinating.

Here are two more I made at the weekend:
The first is I am One who is at last beginning to learn.
The second is I am the One who wonders if it is safe to go forward.

Attachments

• Beginningtolearn.jpg
    Beginningtolearn.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 122
  • wonderifitssafe.jpg
    wonderifitssafe.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 119

Apollonia

Mooncat and Bodhran, thank you so much for your comments! Don't you love this? Thanks for the info on kaleidosoul.com--that's an awesome site! I'm getting up the nerve to start an album of my cards. Seeing all the cards on the site, I feel so in awe of all the people who are so willing to put their innermost feelings out there for everyone to see--and I get so envious of certain images, like, "Why can't I find that archway?" or whatever.

Bean Feasa, your cards are wonderful--they carry such an awesome sense of perspective and distance. I don't know who painted the woman on my Wild Woman card, but do I know the painting portrays Joan of Arc. Thank you again for your encouragement, and for starting this thread! SoulCollage has added to much to my life already.

Here are my two latest cards, The one who finds strength in silence, and Depression.

Attachments

• depression.jpg
    depression.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 119
  • silence.jpg
    silence.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 120