Anybody tried soul collage?

Little Hare

This looks so theraputic! i'm off the discount store tomorrow to get some cardboard and start my project :)

huredriel

PP - you'll love it - and it's amazing what the cards will show you (I've only done a couple, intuitively).

thorhammer

peace_pixie said:
This looks so theraputic! i'm off the discount store tomorrow to get some cardboard and start my project :)
You know, this would be awesome for that Oracle exchange you're organising, PP! I have been thinking about making an oracle for my partner, and this has come to my attention at JUST the right time! Coincidence? I think not!

I wonder how long it'd take for the book to get here . . .

\m/ Kat

Little Hare

Here is my first card :) I'm really happy with it... I've done a total of three cards so far. I've found what helps to do them is not think conciously about what image you want. I've been flipping through magazines.. seeing a picture i like and sticking it down...

Anyway the theme of my first card is 'Sacrifice and Rejuvination'

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/quietuspixi/card1.jpg

The mermaid shows that we are 're-born' more powerful when we go through the process of sacrifice

:heart:

thorhammer

That's awesome, p_p! I hadn't thought of tattoos . . . it's brilliant!

\m/ Kat

Little Hare

Thanks mate :) I stick the photos onto a pack of playing cards i got from the discount store... and i paint a matte gloss over them....

Here are cards 2(the bunny) and 3 (praying hands)

I haven't figured out what the demented bunny means yet besides... madness but the third card symbolises, Grace, Faith and Hope

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/quietuspixi/cards23.jpg

thorhammer

Thanks for showing, pixie. The bunny strikes me as being . . . distorted, like if you got that card, your view of the situation, and especially of yourself within that situation, is distorted and a new perspective is needed.

Just my 2 cents. Me who hasn't even tried to do this. :D Soon! Soon!

\m/ Kat

Master_Margarita

JulieD said:
The cards posted are beautiful.

I have a question on technique. After the collage is complete, is a protective cover stuck over the top of each card to stop glued edges lifting and other damage?

There are a bunch of different ways to deal with this.

What I do is make a laser color copy of my collage (this also allows me to work larger and shrink the cards down), glue the copy to my card, and add a protective coat (or coats) of varnish to the copy.

:heart: M_M~

JulieD

Master_Margarita said:
What I do is make a laser color copy of my collage (this also allows me to work larger and shrink the cards down), glue the copy to my card, and add a protective coat (or coats) of varnish to the copy.
:heart: M_M~

Thanks for that, it sounds like the way to go, saves the cards being bulky or warping. There is a course not far from me that I am considering doing in 2008

Lewen

I heard of this thread mentioned by Thorhammer and Peace_Pixie from the oracle exchange, this is a fascinating project! My oldest daughter and I were talking about making 2008 our "Tarot" year in which we both were going to work on our own personal decks. She suggested that we do this instead, so I'm e-mailing my family members to keep their magazines for us. This should prove to be an interesting project for sure!

Thanks so much for pointing me into this direction and I will be looking into ordering the book and bookmarking the websites.

Thanks to Bean Feasa for starting this thread! :)