What's the different between the green box and the purple one?

sirona86

What's the difference between the green box and the purple one?

hey everyone,
i've been considering buying the thoth deck for al ong time now and went i finally went to pick it up yesterday, i saw that there were two versions. a green-boxed version and a purple one. What's the difference?

lawguy51

Was one box bigger than the other? There are two sizes. The larger one is what I call (and pretty well everyone else calls) the green deck, because of its greenish hue.

Lawguy51

Sulis

I`ve got the standard sized AG Muller Thoth deck. It came in a pale purple box and has 3 magus cards.

Crystalmynx xx

suzyspellbound

Interesting

I bought mine about 7 years ago in a white box. They are rather large- dificult to shuffle the standard way with small female hands. I have seen publications in smaller size in a dark blue box?
I didn't know about the colour variations- very interesting thanks for posting this!

Phoenyx

I like the lavender boxed ones, they're smaller, the same size as playing cards and I'm not afraid to actually shuffle them.

Cerulean

Green box:larger, gray frames

and 49 page booklet with text by James Wasserman and additional gallery show text by Lady Frieda Harris.

U.S. Games version.

Lavendar (purple box) is smaller size. One of them has the three magus, supposedly: the green box doesn't.

sirona86

thanks for the info everyone. i think i will go for the lavendar deck.

Little Baron

I think I have the Icky Green One!

I think I have the Icky Green tinged one but I am not sure. Can someone tell me. Whatever deck I have, I don't mind the colouring. I have seen some on the net that look brighter and some that look greener so I can't tell which one it is that I have. I wasn't aware of the differences when I bought it.

Ok ...

The box is blue.
There is only one magus.
The bottom of the box says 'AGM AGMULLER, Made in Belgium.

Is this the famous Icky Green one????

Yaboot

Strange2

Yaboot,

The blue boxed Thoth by AGM AGMuller is not the "icky green" deck. If the ISBN # on the box is 0-88079-469-0, then you have the brighter, non-green tinged Thoth deck. This AGM AGMuller Thoth deck is the crisper, brighter version.