A card you "hate"?

Cor serpentis

I think that "hatred" and "odium" are too tender words for my relationship with Tower.

To quote myself:
My first tarot reading ever was online on the question for which I believed that there's no way to go wrong. I did it 'cause I wanted to know how the situation will unfold for next few months (and in order to try to slowly memorize pictures and meanings of cards, 'cause I was waiting to receive my deck and started to read texts and books about tarot). One of the cards was Tower and in short explanation was something like „unforseen catastrophe“. I was like „no way, man“, but only day or two after that catastrophe, occurence I couldn't even imagine, was happened. Since then, I see Tower only as disaster of some kind and I ruled out other „positive meanings“ such as „sudden insight, surprising news“ and similar. For me, it's the worst card in the deck
and when it appears in the reading my reaction is: "OMG, not again, what kind of disaster is coming now?".

Also, I've never been fan of Wheel of Fortune, for me it has similar meaning (sudden and major turn over of events for which I'm not prepared). Other "set" of similar cards which I don't like from Majors are High priestess and Moon - I'm never sure what exatly they want to say, especially HP. With Moon I had much more bad than good experiences, in majority of cases it represents deception, lying, mendacity and so on. I can't remember when Moon came up in reading and represented his "positive meanings" such as intuition, dreams which can provide us advice and/or answer how to deal with some problematic situation...

There are some Minors that I really don't like, but I'll maybe edit this post later, now I'm too sleepy to write :D

caridwen

It's the Tower - I absolutely hate this card and I feel absolute dread when I see it in a reading as it usually means something horrible is going to happen. A trip to A&E, death in the family, being attacked, hit by a car, massive argument with someone that is totally out of the blue such as a shop assistant or bus driver, aggressive intimidation etc

I have never experienced anything good from this card. The only thing I'm grateful for is that it comes up rarely.:rolleyes:

Laura Borealis

I used to have problems with the Hierophant. I always got that organized religion, dogma, patriarchy feel from it. It was everything I was rebelling against. That said, I didn't want to get rid of it (like some discard the Devil). I just interpreted it as oppressive forces working against me, kind of thing.

Maybe because I'm older and more sure of myself, or maybe because I haven't warmed a pew in decades, it just doesn't bother me much anymore. I also found some earlier interpretations of the card, which color it in a more positive light for me.

Mathers - Mercy, Beneficence, Kindness, Goodness. (There you go, Marie-Bernard :) )
Papus - The Pope signifies INSPIRATION.

Annabelle

I can't think of any card I hate, but sometimes I feel exasperated at how often the High Priestess, the Wheel of Fortune, and the Moon come up in my personal readings. That's only because I'm seeking answers, and it seems that sometimes the deck tells me "shhh....you are just going to have to wait and see."

SpiritFly

The card I can't seem connect with is Nine of Gats in my Dark Carnival Deck.
I don't really hate any cards though :eek:

Grizabella

I don't hate any of them but I don't like seeing the Tower come up or the Death card, either. After years of almost never seeing the Death card in a spread, suddenly it came up almost constantly for over a year. It may not always speak of actual death but if you're one of those who choose to put perfume on that lttle piggy and see happier things in it...well, prepare yourself.

Currently I've lost one sister, my two daughters-in-law have advanced cancer and one has entered hospice stage and another of my sisters has extremely advanced leukemia. My grand daughter I raised from birth lost her father, a dear family friend the week before Thanksgiving.

My little min pin now has inoperable cancer. And two days ago another young family friend lost her 3 month old baby girl to SIDS. And I lost two uncles.

To top it off, I lived in places that were #13's this past year.

As for the Tower, every time that one starts showing up, I end up moving again. At least now my "house" sits on wheels and has a motor in it since I live in a motor home.

Cor serpentis

^ So sad story :( I think that this is the first time that I’ve heard that #13 was omen for someone’s literal death/illness. :(

I wanted to follow up my previous post and itemize Minors which I don’t like to see in reading:

All 3s – in most of cases (except maybe 3 of Coins in business matters) IME they represented (unwelcomed) third party, especially in love matters. Don’t think that for 3 of swords further explanation is needed – it’s only pain, pain, pain and nothing else.
Quite the same for 5 of swords – defeat in one way or another, which also causes us pain or, in best cases, shame, guilty and similar nasty feelings. :mad:
9 of swords – problems which causes insomnia and crying during whole night, shame, guilt, conscious issues, but what bothers me the most about this card is that all of these things are usually self-imposed (i.e. they don't come from some external source) and thereby completely unnecessary.
4 of pents – I don’t even know is there man or woman on the picture! I’m connecting this card with 9 of pents. There’s also woman who seems wealthy and satisfy with her wealth and achievements, but I’m never sure is she really satisfied or, in fact, (unconsciously) lonely and fills emotional emptiness with material things.
6 of pents – I’m often having trouble to determine does it represent giver or some of beggars; and if represents some of beggars – which one? :rolleyes:
5 of cups – I tried and tried and tried to see better side of this card for a long time, but every time when it popped up in reading it represented just sadness and grief, without indication that in some reasonable period of time one will get over whole thing which causes that sorrow.
10 of wands - also, in all my readings it represented just under-pressure and stress and being overwhelmed. Similar is with 9 of wands - stress and so big exertion which can cause total breakdown rather than successful outcome. In fact, I see almost no difference between these two cards and I really don't like them; I get goosebumps when I see some of them in reading :mad:

The card I can't seem connect with is Nine of Gats in my Dark Carnival Deck.
What are Gats, which suit?

CelestialHorse

I'd say some of the Major Arcena and Queens, Knights, and Kings. They really confuse me. The emperor, priestess, empress, magician confuses me too :/

La Maschera

The Hierophant

nisaba

I hate how some Artist create some of the cards. so I hate how some artist depict them. it's not the cards it's the way they get done.

I'd agree with that! And if other people's "hatred" (what a strong word!) of cards is based on their meaning, well then, I like them all, too. The Devil, the Ten Swords, Death, the Five Cups, all of them. Why? Because, like a blind person's guide-dog, they alert me to danger. They show me the areas I need to avoid, or work on, or manage better. "Bad cards" in a reading are a glorious opportunity to get things sorted and start living right!