A card you "hate"?

seedcake

I'd agree with that! And if other people's "hatred" (what a strong word!) of cards is based on their meaning, well then, I like them all, too. The Devil, the Ten Swords, Death, the Five Cups, all of them. Why? Because, like a blind person's guide-dog, they alert me to danger. They show me the areas I need to avoid, or work on, or manage better. "Bad cards" in a reading are a glorious opportunity to get things sorted and start living right!

That's great point.

I was checking this thread from a while and really, I couldn't think of card which I "hate". Each one has meaning(s) so all depend on the situation. Tarot is to communicate something so I can't even pick cards which I don't like to see. I'd rather to get warning from 10 of Swords instead of getting "nicer" messages which would go around the problem.

WolfSpirit

I know, hate is a strong word, but is there a card that really pisses you off? Maybe it's one you pull up a lot, or maybe it's because you just don't connect to it, or maybe you don't like the message behind it?

In my case, it's the Knight of Swords, especially when he's reversed. I freakin' hate that guy, and I wonder why. Maybe because it's always some sort of uncomfortable news that he brings along, or I don't know, actually, that's not it, I'm never really sure what the dude is trying to say, but I always get so frustrated when I see him.

Do you have something like that?

This post made me smile. I had just drawn the Knight of Swords - that I do not like at all - as my daily card when I saw this thread, and I thought, I bet it is about the Knight of Swords :D

Don't really hate him but he does makes me uncomfortable as he seems so different from me. I think he is pointing out to me the extra costs and chores of my moving house that I am encountering today so I guess I should be grateful for the warning.

Brilliance

Major Arcana: The Devil
Minor Arcana: any card from the Swords suit

SwordOfTruth

Five of Wands - this card just reads to me like unnecessary aggravation. It makes me want to slap people. Can't stand the games people play.

HallowedNight

I wouldn't say hate, but I don't like seeing the Seven of Cups. It's just weird and icky and confuses me. And makes me paranoid that someone is lying to me. Ug. Other than that though, I can't really think of any cards I just don't like. There are some that confuse me, but it all depends on the situation.

chongjasmine

I love all the cards.
Even the negative ones.
I like to look at them and think about what they mean.

JackofWands

I stand with the non-hating camp. Part of this is that I'm an extremely Swordsy person, so most of the cards that people end up disliking are actually very dear to my heart. (In readings where I'm asked to use a significator, I always choose the Knight of Swords for myself. Zodiac sign and physical characteristics be damned, that card is me.)

That said, however, there are always cards that I find more difficult to read at any given point in time. I used to have a lot of difficulty with the Chariot. Now, the High Priestess and I aren't getting along so well. It's not a matter of hate, or even of dislike. They're just cards that represent themes that don't necessarily fit into my life at a given point in time. As my life changes, my relationship to those themes will also change; a blockage will clear up with Card A, and a new one will doubtless form with Card B.

Padma

I'm not one of those virtuous types who love every single card.

Again, not hate but I dislike all the pointless cards - you know who you are - Temperance, plus the Two and Three of Wands.

I could get used to the idea of tarot having 75 cards. Much better ring to it.

Those cards tell me nothing, teach me nothing and I don't think I've ever had a moment in my life when they've needed to speak to me. I draw them for other people, but for myself, never.

This. Exactly this. Not a hate for them, I just completely don't see anything beyond blandness in these - as though some original designer ran out of ideas, and just stuck them in there as place fillers. 3 most boring, pointless cards in the deck, imo.

One I really hate is the RWS 10 of Swords, but only because it's the card assigned to the decan I was born in. I don't feel bad to see it in a reading, but I feel like me (and my fellow late Gemini's) really got the shaft when we were stuck with that card.

Exactly. I don't hate seeing it, as it is full of different meanings, but I wish it would get the heck out of my sun sign! :/

Bridget

One I really hate is the RWS 10 of Swords, but only because it's the card assigned to the decan I was born in. I don't feel bad to see it in a reading, but I feel like me (and my fellow late Gemini's) really got the shaft when we were stuck with that card.

I felt the same way when I found out that the Devil was associated with Capricorn. I think we drew the short straw on that one. :(

I can't say I'm very fond of the "hard cards," especially the Devil, but the two I struggle most with are the 8 of wands and the 9 of swords.

I use the RWS and the image for the 8w gives me nothing. Only after seeing the Thoth 8w was I able to get a feel for the card.

The 9 of swords came up as a birthday reading for me years ago, and later that year I had to get help for depression. That was a very hard time for me, and I just can't see positives in the card at all.

Emma313

Hanged man, don't like that card, don't hate it, just annoys me