New Deck I'm working on...

danielnogo

What about this:

CwBNsWx.png

reall

i think traditionally garden card in Lenormand is empty? only plants and no people and faces? that's why traditionalist prefer it that way, and I think you should follow that tradition because this is Vintage deck after all?;))) maybe you could cut that out? or just search for greenery?

2. version looks better!^^ ;)))

danielnogo

i think traditionally garden card in Lenormand is empty? only plants and no people and faces? that's why traditionalist prefer it that way, and I think you should follow that tradition because this is Vintage deck after all?;))) maybe you could cut that out? or just search for greenery?

2. version looks better!^^ ;)))
Yeah I get that there are certain traditions people like, I try to get as close as I can, but this is a storybook lenormand based off of mostly children's books, and to me with children's books there is a big emphasis on silly characters. What's a children's book without characters? My ship card shows two mice on a raft, and I'm sure I'll get lots of people complaining about the whole confusion issue, but would they rather a boring picture and nothing special that strictly keeps with tradition, or something fun, creative, and exciting that pushes the boundaries a little? I doubt my audience will be strictly traditionalist, and I hope this deck appeals to a lot of people that have never used lenormand other wise but are drawn to this because it brings them back to their childhoods laying in bed reading an old story book filled with goofy characters. That's my hope for this deck, reconnecting people to their child hoods :)

reall

yep!^^ I understand how confusion that may be!^^ anyway good luck with all!^^ lolz ;)))

danielnogo

yep!^^ I understand how confusion that may be!^^ anyway good luck with all!^^ lolz ;)))

Yeah it's hard to please everyone, I think what I'm going to do is include multiple versions of the cards that traditionalist might not like, that way if they don't like the non traditional one, they can just take it out of the deck and replace it with one keeping with tradition. That way people can have their pick. I'm also going to include 2 extra man and women cards so that people can do gay readings if they like.

reall

that's a great idea! luv extra cards! ;))))

daphne

The images are charming, but I find the playing cards inserts quite ugly.
They are too white, too blunt and way too small if you want to include the entire card (you could also take just the corner, 1/4, 1/2). Imagine how small the cards are and consider then who this spot of white will look.
I would prefer an old design of the cards, in the same line as the drawings you have chosen. And not so white, but yellowish, off white colors also in the inserts.

danielnogo

The images are charming, but I find the playing cards inserts quite ugly.
They are too white, too blunt and way too small if you want to include the entire card (you could also take just the corner, 1/4, 1/2). Imagine how small the cards are and consider then who this spot of white will look.
I would prefer an old design of the cards, in the same line as the drawings you have chosen. And not so white, but yellowish, off white colors also in the inserts.
Yeah it's in the works, I found some antique public domain cards.