Major Arcana and the Thelemic Holy Season

Always Wondering

I loved this from Liber LXV

I am the Heart; and the Snake is entwined
About the invisible core of the mind.
Rise, O my snake! It is now is the hour
Of the hooded and holy ineffable flower.

I kind of free styled it. :| I am still working on asanas and pyranha, as in just staying in my body, mindful of posture and breath. It wasn't silent or very profound. I did four fold breathing while keeping my eyes on the image.

It's a beautiful card. I enlarged it as much as I could without blur and printed it out. I was struck mostly by the blue space between the twinkles. A monk I've been listening to talks about staring into a patch of sunlight, seeing the particles dancing in it, then seeing the space around the particles, and knowing we are the space, so I remembered this.

Liber VII has given me a wild and lyrical feeling. I don't know if it was that, the card image or both, but my practice of free dancing afterward was a wonderful experience. Lately it has felt more of a discipline, so I consider this a joyful result.

Of course I had to explore Grigori's insight about tripping on the movement. :laugh: Maybe that's what got me dancing.

AW

thorhammer

My card of the week for the course is the (accursed) 2 of Disks, and Jeenyus here only just noticed a couple of days ago the similarity with Atu XXI . . . so I went through the Study Group threads here on it. lukedra came up with that really awesome possible view of the hidden Tree of Life in the card and it really rocked me.

The card is so full of intellectualised symbolism. And yet, none of it can possibly hold the sheer magic of the card down. It's rocking my world in a way that's making me realise the link between the highest high and the lowest low . . . makes me feel like I'm trying to touch my toes to the crown of my head. The card is like a scintillating emerald - crystal clear and full of its own magic, and yet came from the bowels of the darkest earth . . .

Emerald. There's something really special about this association, for me.

\m/ Kat

Grigori

Well I have to admit to a degree of failure with my Aeon day. I placed the card on my altar with the Stele of Revealing, intending to come back and repeat the meditation exersize. However my day turned into an Aeon experience without permission, so Ithought that was quite enough of that for me! Today however I'm off to the beach to celebrate The Sun day, and drive away clouds still lingering from yesterday :)

ravenest

I forgot about this ... 'Universe day ' I seemed to be spending the night in a snake dance with the daughter of babalon the beatiful! :laugh:

last night a jet flew low over the house, I went outside to look but there was a dude in the back yard in a space suit, he called me over and I went to him and ....

I dont EVER have dreams like that!

ravenest

Professor X said:
Why exactly are these particular 22 days set aside to celebrate this holiday if you guys dont mind me asking.

I like the idea by the way.

When I get my Thoth deck I am doing to try doing what was recommended.

I would assume these days are chosen because that is when the Sun enters the sign of Aries ? ?

Hey X see the Deacons speech about the holy days in the gnostic mass, also if you ref. Red Flame (the book I told you about in PM) it describes these holy days eg ; a feast for fire and a feast for water ... the puberty of a boy and a girl ... a feast every day - thats the one I am working on ;)

Grigori

Star day today. I spent a little time gazing at my ceiling. For Christmas I was given some money to spend on something frivolous, so I bought a laser/hologram machine that projects a night sky onto your walls. Sadly I need this to see the stars as they don't exist in the city anymore.

So the card is on my altar and I'm gazing up as the stars moving around the sky. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG8sFGMKcX4&feature=related A little bit of 'lambent blue' to brighten up the place :)

ravenest

Well, Moon day wasnt that moony until after sunset, then it got moony right through the morning when 'she' tells me 'her moon time' just started. In 20 mins she is asking me about my dear loved (now passed on) friend who died leaving an 18 month old baby behind ... big rave, I'm crying and she triggers and is now lying on the back lawn sobbing .... etc etc. What a morning! She wanted to go but I said, no, if you want to stay and we had a 4 hour long talk, tea and smoking session. ... And so on V.Mooney, I thought

Grigori said:
Star day today. I spent a little time gazing at my ceiling.

I'm sick of that, did my back in at training and spent a large part of several days last week studying my ceiling. Anyway, we thought GREAT, Star day! very quiet noting happening. I went out to look at stars ... half moon (just past the equnox, lined up with Sirius at midheaven and Mars ... prob off 2 hrs to the east of Moon, which should conjoin (?) or at least conjunct Moon tonight for Tower?

But a very calm relaxing day.

Grigori said:
For Christmas I was given some money to spend on something frivolous, so I bought a laser/hologram machine that projects a night sky onto your walls. Sadly I need this to see the stars as they don't exist in the city anymore.

Oooo! I want one of those, how good is it? Does it rotate and varient speeds for observation? Don't you need a convex screen? How much did it cost? Gimmegimmegimme!
Grigori said:
So the card is on my altar and I'm gazing up as the stars moving around the sky. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG8sFGMKcX4&feature=related A little bit of 'lambent blue' to brighten up the place :)

Can't wait to see what you do for tomorrow;)

I'm just taking it as it comes.

Professor X

ravenest said:
Hey X see the Deacons speech about the holy days in the gnostic mass, also if you ref. Red Flame (the book I told you about in PM) it describes these holy days eg ; a feast for fire and a feast for water ... the puberty of a boy and a girl ... a feast every day - thats the one I am working on ;)

Thanks a lot. I will check that out.

Grigori

ravenest said:
Oooo! I want one of those, how good is it? Does it rotate and varient speeds for observation? Don't you need a convex screen? How much did it cost? Gimmegimmegimme!

It's pretty nifty. It was pricey, I forget excatly, maybe $250 or so. It rotates at a fixed speed, it's not actually constellations, just random spots of light. It throws in a few flying stars every so often and just spins around hypnotically. No screen needed, just point in the direction you want. In a small room it will cover the ceiling and upper parts of the 3 walls opposite where the base is. The blue swirls can be turned up or down to nothing, but the star parts are fixed.

Tower day was uneventful, I had a small tower celebration and that's about it.

Devil day was good, my partner went away that morning for the weekend, so I dedicated my day to the devil and did all the things I usually can't do in shared space. All about indulging myself, which is a nice ritual to do sometimes :)

Temperance was a real ritual day, I went to watch (and ended up participating in) a Rite of Jupiter. I figure this counts as a Sagittarian event also :thumbsup:

Death day today, so I am back to working on tarot card meditations again. So no call for homicide. I love the Thoth Death card, its so active and creative! Really emphasizes the Mars rulership of Scorpio I have realized.

ravenest

Grigori said:
It's pretty nifty. It was pricey, I forget excatly, maybe $250 or so. It rotates at a fixed speed, it's not actually constellations, just random spots of light. It throws in a few flying stars every so often and just spins around hypnotically. No screen needed, just point in the direction you want. In a small room it will cover the ceiling and upper parts of the 3 walls opposite where the base is. The blue swirls can be turned up or down to nothing, but the star parts are fixed.
Shiney disco ball! :laugh:
Sounds great! But I was thinking of constellations, how cool would that be.

Things just cruised along for me through all that. Had fun.
Grigori said:
Temperance was a real ritual day, I went to watch (and ended up participating in) a Rite of Jupiter. I figure this counts as a Sagittarian event also :thumbsup:

Death day today, so I am back to working on tarot card meditations again. So no call for homicide. I love the Thoth Death card, its so active and creative! Really emphasizes the Mars rulership of Scorpio I have realized.
Cummon, ya cant say that without telling me all about it. Rite of Jupiter?!... (or PM )

Errmmm, today, I cleaned some windows. :laugh: