4 of swords as fears?

Ruby Jewel

What could the 4 of swords mean as fears? (It was in a relationship reading) Someone who is afraid of being forgotten maybe? It's sort of tricky to understand this one

Maybe they are afraid of withdrawing from a relationship or a job or whatever the subject is about.

tapasr_57772aeb7

This forum is awesome. Great discussions all around on the tarot.

IndigoWaves

[...] I do believe now that it is just my own fears i'm reading.
So, the card was in fact originally drawn to describe the other person's fears? That's actually how I was reading the card in this case, so rather than trying to shift its intended message, you might wish to (re-)consider the views that I presented. Though they're not "encouraging" interpretations, they may nonetheless apply.

And yes, it isn't exactly a "relationship" per se.
Thanks for sharing; it's good to know that I wasn't "off".

Cheers.

A michaels

4 of swords

I usually interpret this card as meaning you need a little more space in the relationship and maybe someones being too pushy and not respecting the need for time for and space for yourself, it can also mean the person maybe disconnected in the relationship.

A michaels

fears

4 of swords as fears , could mean keeping a barrier there mentally against someone getting to close, could be from a fear of being hurt by them if they do.

nisaba

What could the 4 of swords mean as fears? (It was in a relationship reading) Someone who is afraid of being forgotten maybe? It's sort of tricky to understand this one

They're afraid of spending time alone. They don't see the potential of time alone as a time of becoming more comfortable with themselves and a time of healing, they just see loneliness and fear it.

JoyousGirl

And now for something completely different...If my suggestions are way off or offend anyone, let me know as I'm in the process of writing a book on my interpretations.

My initial thought was something to do with how the person is being perceived.

I then took a look at the card and was drawn to the hands in prayer, which were in line with the sword above it - located over the solar plexus chakra. This is one's ego and confidence area, as well as a processing centre. Which sort of reinforces my initial thought. The suggestion of the card might be someone who lived or died in the effort of fighting for peace.

You mentioned that you thought it may mean someone afraid of being forgotten - and I'm going with that theme but more along the lines of how they want to be remembered (or perceived). The impressions people have of them, how they can influence that.