The Magician

elena_jaymz

Hi everyone, in a recent reading (this one http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=271763) I draw The Magician as where I’m lacking in faith in my life, but I don't understand its message. I think my main problem is that I don't feel like I can get what I want, nor that I already have all the necessary skills to succeed, probably it's a matter of low self-confidence.

Other ideas? I think there's more to say about this card, thanks so much.

Ruby Jewel

Hi everyone, in a recent reading (this one http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=271763) I draw The Magician as where I’m lacking in faith in my life, but I don't understand its message. I think my main problem is that I don't feel like I can get what I want, nor that I already have all the necessary skills to succeed, probably it's a matter of low self-confidence.

Other ideas? I think there's more to say about this card, thanks so much.

The Magician says you can make anything happen...whatever you want. Why the lack of faith?

elena_jaymz

The Magician says you can make anything happen...whatever you want. Why the lack of faith?
Hi Ruby Jewel, thanks for your reply. I think the problem is I don't believe it's possible for me, a matter of low self-esteem/self-confidence I'd say, as well as of pessimism. Actually I feel ashamed to admit this.

Ruby Jewel

Hi Ruby Jewel, thanks for your reply. I think the problem is I don't believe it's possible for me, a matter of low self-esteem/self-confidence I'd say, as well as of pessimism. Actually I feel ashamed to admit this.

When we have a deprived upbringing we tend to beat ourselves up....I think the Magician is telling you to take the initiative and transform yourself, your energy. Connect with your higher self. If I may be so bold as to recommend a book to read it would be "Our Inner Conflicts" by Karen Horney.

elena_jaymz

When we have a deprived upbringing we tend to beat ourselves up....I think the Magician is telling you to take the initiative and transform yourself, your energy. Connect with your higher self. If I may be so bold as to recommend a book to read it would be "Our Inner Conflicts" by Karen Horney.

Thanks again Ruby Jewel, I'll take account of this book you mentioned. I agree about your advice, I need to use my energy and put it into effect.

Thirteen

I think you see the answer pretty clearly. You lack faith in your own ideas and in your ability to communicate with others. The Magician is all about confidence, optimism, "can do" spirit and communicating with others. He's like the Music Man in that old movie, right? "How about creating a boy's marching band?" he says, and describes it with such energy, such enthusiasm, such confidence, that everyone cheers, and shouts "Yes! Let's do that!" and races off to make it happen.

You haven't any faith in your ideas, nor in your ability to convince others that they're good. And if you lack faith in that, then it means you probably don't speak up when you should. It also means that if you do propose an idea, and someone disagrees with you, you shut down and think "I'm probably wrong." You aren't willing to stand up to them.

This card is telling you that you should have more faith in yourself and your ideas. You should stand up to those who disagree and say, with confidence: "You're wrong. This is a good idea and we should do it."

elena_jaymz

I think you see the answer pretty clearly. You lack faith in your own ideas and in your ability to communicate with others. The Magician is all about confidence, optimism, "can do" spirit and communicating with others. He's like the Music Man in that old movie, right? "How about creating a boy's marching band?" he says, and describes it with such energy, such enthusiasm, such confidence, that everyone cheers, and shouts "Yes! Let's do that!" and races off to make it happen.
Hi Thirteen, thanks for your reply. I forgot The Magician can be also about communication.

You haven't any faith in your ideas, nor in your ability to convince others that they're good. And if you lack faith in that, then it means you probably don't speak up when you should. It also means that if you do propose an idea, and someone disagrees with you, you shut down and think "I'm probably wrong." You aren't willing to stand up to them.
Yes, you're right, I often feel so, like I can't assert my own ideas and opinions, because only those of the other people seem to be the right ones or anyway to be better than mine.

This card is telling you that you should have more faith in yourself and your ideas. You should stand up to those who disagree and say, with confidence: "You're wrong. This is a good idea and we should do it."
I agree with you, I have to work on this. Thanks so much.

BlueSun

I thought the Magician also represents a person with a specialized skill. So if you feel you are lacking a particular skill in accomplishing your goal, you may want to pursue acquiring this skill, ie. go take a class, etc.

Or, you may need someone who possesses this skill to help you achieve your goal---a professional of some kind (a career coach, lawyer, etc.) If so, hire one.

euripides

I thought the Magician also represents a person with a specialized skill. So if you feel you are lacking a particular skill in accomplishing your goal, you may want to pursue acquiring this skill, ie. go take a class, etc.

I was just about to say something along these lines - agree wholeheartedly. The magician works with hands and mind. The 'gift of the gab' - the patter that goes along with the tricks, and the confidence - are important, but most of all the skills. If you're Christian, James 2:14 may be relevant here. I'm sure other faith systems have similar messages.

Build your skills, know what you can do, build on what you can do, work on what you can't do. Faith in yourself stems from that.

tapasr_57772aeb7

You lack faith in using your skills and willpower to get what you want in life.