Gilded Tarot Study Group - II High Priestess

souljourney

This is my favorite Major.
I love everything about it, the colors, the moonlight, her appearance, the mechanical devices in the background. LOVE IT.
She seems so vulnerable yet strong...she can transend. The merging of hidden and known, science and intuition, mind and emotion...it's all there.

annik

There is a lot of water on this card. The moon (a quarter) is in the sky. The character of this card seems to be at ease floating above the water, in the air. To me, she seems to be an acrobat. Maybe she was an dolphin in another life...

An very mysterious and charming card card.

goddessof1967

Sexual and mysterious.

I say this because I did a CC and in the nr future (regarding my bf) I threw the Devil who is absolute sex on legs, by the way. When I asked for a clarifier I got this HP who also looks very sexual and dare I say, together they look quite.........kinky? And my bf and I do have kinky sex sometimes. So, heres hoping...............})

Kenny

annik said:
Maybe she was an dolphin in another life...

I thought that she was more likely mimicing a dolphin.

The card is graceful and elegant. I can't see, quickly looking at it, a sense of darkness that I can see with other cards in the deck.

HoneyBea

Group II High Priestess

I really like Ciro's depiction of this card, she exudes mystery, she is beyond the normal and is our connection between our conscious thoughts and our subconscious thoughts. I love the way her headress is crowned with the nine glowing orbs which according to Moore represent the nine planets - another reference to 'out of this world'.

As a card she asked us to recognise that there are many ways of knowing things and its the ability to reach beyond the normal and touch that element of the self which can demystify our questions/answers. As Ciro has depicted, like her we should dip our toes into the waters of the subconscious and tap into her wisdom that surpasses logic. ;)

Mystic Leo

I have to agree this is a most beautiful card of the High Priestess, very different, very feminine. The mask and the moon, showing the mystery and something hidden aspect of the card. The water showing the passive suit of cups.

Bellaluna06

This is one of my favorite cards in the deck. She looks beautiful gliding over the water with a wonderful celestial backdrop. The orbs on her headress are very clever, also.

bluefairy

I love the fact that this card is meant for you to take a deeper look into the meaning.which in this case it tells you that the answer is there you need to trust it now.i didn't catch the 9 planets but after reading it too in the book i must say wow.i love the fact she is masked not reviling her true self.she seems to be down to earth simple and care free.everything about this card is great from the sky,moon to the woman and the water.

HoneyBea

bluefairy said:
.i love the fact she is masked not reviling her true self.she seems to be down to earth simple and care free.everything about this card is great from the sky,moon to the woman and the water.

When you think about the High Priestess card, in the traditional meaning, she conceals, she is the spiritual feminine, whereas her counterpart is the Empress who reveals and she is the material feminine.

If you look at the Gilded High Priestess, you see that she drags a toe in the water symbolising that she is in-touch with those greater depths of her emotions, she is able to withdraw from the material world in order to access those hidden secrets that she keeps within - down to earth is not a word I would describe her as but she does have the ability to not only recognise her duality, that is her conscious and her subconscious, but make these work in union for her - in other words allow her inner guidance to guide her outer actions. :)

~HoneyBea ~

bluefairy

HoneyBea said:
If you look at the Gilded High Priestess, you see that she drags a toe in the water symbolising that she is in-touch with those greater depths of her emotions, she is able to withdraw from the material world in order to access those hidden secrets that she keeps within - down to earth is not a word I would describe her as but she does have the ability to not only recognise her duality, that is her conscious and her subconscious, but make these work in union for her - in other words allow her inner guidance to guide her outer actions. :)

~HoneyBea ~
yes i agree but when i said down to earth and simple i meant it to be that she wasn't a martial person and is able to connect better because of this.