you know you're obsessed when...

Debra

I'm obsessively checking this thread.

moderndayruth

Debra said:

:shhh: Me too! But, Debra, it seems that we are not alone in our obsession - the thread got 75 views in one hour!!!
*obsessed and proud of it* .
:D

You know that you are obsessed when you live in Europe, but adjust your biorhytms so that you are keeping up with the new AT posts from the other side of the planet :D

morticia monroe

You know you're obsessed when you go out for a wonderful evening, have a blast, but come home and think "If we had stayed home and had sandwiches, that money spent would have been a few decks......"

morticia monroe

Le Fanu said:
Also, when the subject of holidays comes up, I cannot help wondering what the deck potential is in any given destination ("mmm... Cairo... wonder where the tarot shops are ?"...) and shamefully wanting to choose where we go with this in mind....

I totally do this regarding rocks and minerals. "You know honey, Arizona would be GREAT this summer!" lol. He never takes the bait. :)

HearthCricket

Debra said:

ROFL!

You know you are obsessed when the minute you are done watching a really good movie with your husband, you pack up your tarot and oracle cards, grab your journal and head right back to the AT forum!

Yes, I do have a life, but AT plays a bigger part of it than I thought!!

Onyx

These are brand new for me. . . these all happened to me this weekend!

You know you are obsessed when you start to look at fireproof containers for those really out of print decks, just in case.

You know you are obessed when you suggest your friends schedule their vacations to correspond with tarot conferences.

You know you are obsessed when you comment to a friend on FaceBook's Farm Town that their garden would be a great place to give readings.

Onyx.

emmsma

You know you're obsessed when you bring a few decks with you to dinner, to the movies, to the park.

You know you're obsessed when you look arond the house for things to sell, to make room for more decks.

You know you're obsessed when, even though you've sworn to stop buying, you still end up looking at the Trade Forum, ebay, and Alida on a daily basis.

gregory

You know you are obsessed ....

*when you have to move furniture (LARGE furniture) out of the room (the TAROT room, I mean....) to make more space for your collection
*when you beg relatives for their spare chests of drawers
*when your boss says one day that you are obsessed, as you have 50 decks and you say no, no, obsession is at least 200, and then (oops :|)
*when you pay up your AT sub for years in advance in case you miss anything
*when your SO starts planning your summer vacation around visiting special TAROT places in Europe.... (not even YOU doing it, he does it FOR you !!!)
*when you are on friendly emailing terms with most major publishers....
*when you check AT before you go to bed...
*when you have to come to a thread with a title like this to read all the OTHER reasons that you might be....

oops - I think I may be obsessed.... :confused:

shamoness

Omg!

I'm obssessed! I didn't realize how bad I was.

You know you're obssessed when your husband is concerned about your health because he hasen't seen you on AT for a whole day!

You go to the bookstore with your daughter and she brings you all the decks off the shelf she thinks you don't have. And she's right!

While at same bookstore, your husband knows exactly where to find you when he turns and you are gone.

Your husband points out the decks that "might be good ones" on the bargin table.

(yes, the last three happened today)

Geez, I make the family obsessed as well.

minrice

You know you're obsessed when you buy decks and books with the grocery money, justifying it with "it's ok, there is PLENTY of food in the pantry" and subsequently eat spaghetti and rice several times that week ;)

You justify you deck and book habit with "well at least it isn't drugs or alcohol"

You mean to get a million things done before bed, including taking a much needed bath, but get stuck on AT instead and don't do any of it.

You find yourself looking aruond at random people in crowds and trying to guess which Court card they are.