cosmic tarot - justice

LittleWing

ok - we all know that the justice card represents law, balance, fairness etc.

but i have a question ..............

what is the relevance of the tower in her/ behind her head??

paradoxx

I haven't a clue as to the interpretation of the tower on this Cosmic Justice card, but cosmic it is regardless. I sense much of the scales emerging from the blooming foliage below. The only readily usable connection in my opinion is that our system of law and justice takes place within the courthouses, structures designed for a purpose.

divinerguy

The Tower could simply be the barrier between light and dark, day and night. The whole theme of justice is a yin/yang thing. Losche may have simply been looking for a convenient way of separating day from night.

Themis is the traditional lady justice of mythology, but my readings about her never mention a tower.

Also of note is that this justice has OPEN eyes. Justice (Themis) is almost always portrayed as being blind to a person's station in life. Recall the maxim, "Blind justice."

As our justice has open eyes, I see it as being less of a judge and more of an inquisitor - she DOES care about who you are when she makes her decisions about you. You cannot hide behind wealth or poverty, because she'll see through the concealment. There ain't no foolin this lady.

LittleWing

thanks guys. i think the idea of the tower representing 'an insititution of justice' makes sense. the light coming from the windows shows mental decisions and light being shed from behind the walls - the justice lady has the final word.

divinerguy - really interesting to hear about the eyes!!

paradoxx

justice is associated with karma and universal justice, the emporer is assoicated with moral and human justice. both of these cards have a tower, the emporer has the tower riseing behind him andnot a part of him, although he does seem to melt into the chair.

paradoxx

I drew this card today, adn teh design ofn the scales caught my attention, reminencant of hindu/buhdist beligfs, and also similar to the design on the crown that this figure of justice wears. There are also two birds in thsi card, one in flight to teh left, and one looing over the shoulder of justice on the right. There is a sense of impartiality with this card, but emotions are in teh background.

Confucious

I see Justice as One who "knows all", thus the light emanating from her two eyes. She IS Karma; you can't hide anything from her (light and day on both sides of card) doesn't matter if it's done in broad daylight or in the dark nights.

Seeing and knowing all allows her to make a fair judgment to you or your situation. Whatever energies you put out you will get back evenly. I see two triangles in both scales--put them together you have the 6-pointed star which I think means "equality".

What kind of bird is that at her side? Looks like he's whispering in her ear saying "look...do you see that?"

This is a very piercing card IMO, I feel like confessing! I'm new to this guys, so bare with me :)

spinningspider

Confucious said:
This is a very piercing card IMO, I feel like confessing! I'm new to this guys, so bare with me :)

You may be new to this, Confucious, but your interpretations are excellent and wonderful to contemplate.

star-lover

it's like you're being watched at all times from some high authority, nothing will escape them, law and order come to mind with this card, do good and you have nothing to fear, do bad and you will have to pay for it, also get the feeling of protection from the lady if youre on the right side of her, retribution if youre not

Confucious

spinningspider said:
You may be new to this, Confucious, but your interpretations are excellent and wonderful to contemplate.

Thanks!! I love this deck, and it's great for a newbie.