Going away

katyanne

Some people when they go out of town pack a Bible or similar thing to take with them. Do you take a tarot deck when you have to go out of town?

ram

Yes! I packed 5 Tarot decks, plus the Symbolon deck last time I went out of town for just two nights. I used all of them!

katyanne

My eight year old son is having surgery on Monday and I will have to stay overnight at the hospital with him that night. I wanted to pack a deck but didn't know if that was weird. I might need it lol.

ram

What a great age! Kids only get more and more wonderful!

I don't think it's weird if it helps the time pass in a positive and engaging way. It's better than magazines probably.

Best wishes to your son! And you!

Apollonia

Always.

csmith0406

My eight year old son is having surgery on Monday and I will have to stay overnight at the hospital with him that night. I wanted to pack a deck but didn't know if that was weird. I might need it lol.

No it's not weird at all! I wonder if you will get asked to do readings for other people actually, but in any case definitely bring the deck.

Sangoma

Nothing weird about taking a deck with you. I have a mini Camoin-Jodorowsky Marseille that I use as a travel deck. I take it with me on holidays etc. most of the time, as it doesn't take up a lot of space.

katyanne

My smallest deck is Anne Stokes' Gothic Tarot so I may take that one with me.

Sulis

Yes I always take a deck with me when I'm away from home for a while and a journal to jot down any readings I do.

Esk

When I spend a night out of my home I nearly always bring my pocket RWS with me, even if I know there is little chance I'll use it. When it's for a longer time i usually bring another one too, in case I'd like to read with another deck.
Good luck to your son!