JOLANDA Study group

Alan Ross

heron said:
...and it's lovely, well worth the hunt 7 wait. much more appealing than the "English" edition.
I would love to get the original Swedish edition myself, but I've been spending far too much money on decks recently, so I'm going to content myself with the English edition I already have, at least for the time being. So far, I haven't read with it either. I'm still in the "getting acquainted" stage. There's just so much odd and quirky symbolism in the deck, it's going to be awhile before I'm completely comfortable using it. But I'm enjoying the learning process immensely :).

Alan

jujustar

hello............
im just starting today my own 78 week study of this amazing tarot..just got it a few days ago, and have barely put it down!
ive been deep in the liber t and thoth for ages, and this is just what i needed,,, it has so much similarity to the thoth, if you look hard enough, and use imagination ( and the more we all use this the better!)

i wonder if you guys will stop back in here sometime....

x

juju

Alan Ross

jujustar said:
hello............
im just starting today my own 78 week study of this amazing tarot..just got it a few days ago, and have barely put it down!
ive been deep in the liber t and thoth for ages, and this is just what i needed,,, it has so much similarity to the thoth, if you look hard enough, and use imagination ( and the more we all use this the better!)

i wonder if you guys will stop back in here sometime....

x

juju

Hi Jujustar,

I'm still lurking about. This study group lost steam, but what I love about study groups is that they never die, they just go into hibernation. I'm still willing to jump in with my thoughts, as long as I'm not just talking to myself :). With your Thoth background, I would be particularly interested in hearing about the connections you see between the Jolanda and the Thoth.

Alan

jujustar

hey alan,

im glad its still alive.

im just about to go out now,but i have had an interesting time with the fool tonight, so ill see what you think about that next time...(crocodile as a symbol of the Holy Guardian Angel, for example...)

x

juju

Cassandra022

*necro-pokes thread*

So uh, yeah, I guess the study of this one faded out? In any case, I have the Swedish Witch, and the more I work with it the more I like. Wanted to say thanks to the person who posted the translated titles. I love the fact that the deck is in swedish and I dont understand a thing, but on the other hand, useful to know/keep in mind. I just love the symbolism in the majors especially...they are like jam-packed with symbolic awesomeness. May have to do a PDR or IDS of this deck sometime when I have more time and inclination to focus on only one deck...so much here to work with!

vestalshaman

I'm glad to see someone else is working with this deck. I just got it a few months ago, and the more I use it, the more I like it. But there's definitely symbolism that's lost on me (who knew about the astrological properties of asparagus!), and I would love to explore more.