A new de-enabling thread

rif

Help! De-enable me!

I just bought some books here, and already have plenty of decks. But a 40% Borders books coupon is just begging me to use it by purchasing a Universal Fantasy Tarot.

A deck that looks beautiful to collect, but less practical for use.

Somebody, please, stop me. I only need de-enabled for today, because the coupon stops today. :)

Debra

You don't "save" money if you spend money you weren't planning to spend just to get a "good price" on something you don't really want or need.

Toss that coupon pronto.

.traveller.

Yeah, I knew Vargo was a slimey little reptillian bottom-feeder, stealing Alissa's work like that... that's why the deck hadn't appealed before and killed any interest in the companion book.

My inner goth-child isn't worried over tacky.

Bad cardstock...chipping edges... definitely points to consider.

So we have a guilt trip over supplementing the income of the bottom-feeder, cheap cardstock, chipping edges, several cards that are either lame or so unmemorable that they become worse than lame... and the distinct possibility that I may not want it a week from now.

I think I am good, just have to stay away from any pictures of the deck to keep from being re-seduced. And I did pass up the $9 Vargo that came up in the trading forum yesterday... just so y'all know that I was being good!

So I think this was a successful de-enable (unless I run across a copy locally and then all bets are off... at least I won't be looking for one).

Le Fanu

magpie9 said:
...and they didn't pay her for her work, and there's even something questionable about if she ever even got credit for her work. What she got is ripped off, and I doubt that you want to give money to the people who did that to anyone, let alone One Of Our Own.

O I remember this. Nasty. Definitely instant de-enablement.

A horrible story. Darker than this deck ever pretended to be. Now that´s what I call a horror story...

rif

Debra said:
You don't "save" money if you spend money you weren't planning to spend just to get a "good price" on something you don't really want or need.

Toss that coupon pronto.

Coupon tossed and purchase averted. :D

Grizabella

I'll add my 2 cents to this. Not only is it tacky card stock but the art work is suited to posters, maybe, like they were originally intended to be, but has little to nothing to do with what each card is supposed to say Tarot-wise. It's basically a bunch of exaggeratedly booby women, some bright colors now and then, but not really a reading deck. I didn't have the book because I figured whatever they made up to fit the cards would probably be as phony as the pictures.

nisaba

<with a mixture of pride and sadness>

I paid the power bill. That's de-enabled me for a fortnight or so.

card_shark

I'd love it if someone could help talk me out of ordering the Corneal Edema deck I've been wanting for years, and is currently available once again. I really should not drop such a chunk of change on a single deck right now...

Manda

rif said:
Help! De-enable me!

I just bought some books here, and already have plenty of decks. But a 40% Borders books coupon is just begging me to use it by purchasing a Universal Fantasy Tarot.

A deck that looks beautiful to collect, but less practical for use.

Somebody, please, stop me. I only need de-enabled for today, because the coupon stops today. :)

Borders is getting sneaky with the coupons and sometimes the decks, even sets with books, do not count as a book for their coupon. So you might be getting all excited about getting an inexpensive deck and then be disappointed. Um, don't ask me how I know this...

SolSionnach

nisaba said:
<with a mixture of pride and sadness>

I paid the power bill. That's de-enabled me for a fortnight or so.
Yay! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now, to *save* for that LS Visconti Gold. :D :D :D