What Are You Currently Reading?

suk

I'm reading a non-tarot-based book that might still be of interest to people here. It's called 'Earth Power: Techniques of Natural Magic'.

I'm also making my way through 'Tarot 101' By Kim Huggens and 'Tarot and Psychology: Spectrums of Possibility' by Arthur Rosengarten. They're both excellent.

RiverRunsDeep

Finally perusing Rachel Pollack's "Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom". It's about time I made time for this one!

Nemia

Anthony Louis' advanced book. And I love it! For everybody who had problems with the astrological side of tarot - read it! On the Kabbalah side, it's disappointing - the author doesn't really believe there is a connection and accordingly, his presentation of the kabbalah suffers and is bloodless. But if you read Milo DuQuette and Snuffin as augmenting forces for the kabbalah side of things, you get many bases covered.

If I had to make a 10 book list for the medium to advanced tarot reader, I'm sure this book would figure on a high place.

Cocobird55

Tarot: History, Mystery and Lore by Cynthia Giles. Very enjoyable read.

baconwaffles

Paul Huson's The Mystical Origins of Tarot.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

EmpyreanKnight

The Tarot Bible by Sarah Bartlett, which I got at a bargain. It fits my Golden Universal Tarot to a T.

Late Starter

Tarot Beyond the Basics by Anthony Lewis

His discussion of the elemental aspects of the cards is intriguing. He makes a compelling case that the association of the kings and knights are 'flipped' e.g. the kings are the 'airy' aspect of the suits element and the knights are the 'fiery' aspect. That seems to be a better fit imo, the knights are the fiery do-ers and the kings are the airy thinkers.

smw

Liber Novus, Jung's Red book

For inspiration and tarot thoughts. It was expensive but I have been thinking of getting it for a while. It's a huge book with lots of striking images more than half of the book. I might have to get the paperback with just text so I can look at the images and mandalas at the same time without having to keep flipping back.

foolMoon

Liber Novus, Jung's Red book

For inspiration and tarot thoughts. It was expensive but I have been thinking of getting it for a while. It's a huge book with lots of striking images more than half of the book. I might have to get the paperback with just text so I can look at the images and mandalas at the same time without having to keep flipping back.

Sounds like a great book. Thank you for sharing :)

foolMoon

John Dee's Five Books of Mystery - Joseph H. Peterson

I came across this book by chance. I thought it was a very interesting book, so ordered one. When it arrived, it was a huge book in paper back format. The content was excellent. I am enjoying the book enormously.

I always used to think somehow Tarot, Scrying and Magic are different entities, and also not compatible with the Christianity. Well I was wrong. This book changed my views.