Greenwood - 6 Cups - Reunion

Bat Chicken

From Chesca Potter's Handbook:

This is the island depicted in the previous card (and The Salmon). In the golden light of an autumnal sunset, two souls are reunited on an ancient mound, the source of the waters of memory and deep love. Six green cups full of golden liquid float in the pool of knowledge. Two otters, animals of loving and playful affection, hunt nearby. Reunion with an old friend, soulmate or a wise part of oneself. A feeling of inner peace.

Attachments

• reunion.jpg
    reunion.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 98

Bat Chicken

I am left a little confused here because the card Chesca refers to a the 'previous card' in her handbook is the 6 of Arrows. The 6 of Arrows card seems to indicate the island of Avalon, an Otherworld island where perhaps Arthur himself was transported. The island in that card is most likely the Isle of Apples. She also says the island is that of the Knight of Cups (Salmon) which is almost identical, visually, but, the style of this card would be more like that seen in trance according to the ideas suggested by another member, Mi-Shell - and that would be supported by the appearance of the spiral carvings on the stones on the mound. I am going to agree with the latter and suggest this is actually more likely the Well of Segais (see the Knight of Cups for the Salmon of Wisdom and the Hazel trees of the island).

The title of this card is Reunion. I find that interesting because in the tale of Taliesin, Cerridwen chases the boy Gwynn, who had accidentally received the wisdom of her cauldron, and shapeshifts through many forms during the chase including that of an otter - the animal in this card. On the log appears to be a salmon caught by one of the otters. Perhaps the reunion is not between the otters but of the goddess and her wisdom.