best tarot spread book?

Shade

I agree with Gregory on the choice of Barbara Moore's book. I do think that the arrangement of the cards has a profound effect on the reading. Cards in a vertical line suggest something very different from cards in a horizontal line for example.

As to you question about whether it is useful if the arrangement thing isn't your thing I say yes as she discusses

1. How the spreads you use should match your personal tarot philosophy
2. How to makes changes to spreads so they are more useful to you
3. When to go with specialized spreads vs general ones.

I gush about that book in this thread:

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=174643&highlight=barbara+moore

olivia1

I agree with Gregory on the choice of Barbara Moore's book. I do think that the arrangement of the cards has a profound effect on the reading. Cards in a vertical line suggest something very different from cards in a horizontal line for example.

As to you question about whether it is useful if the arrangement thing isn't your thing I say yes as she discusses

1. How the spreads you use should match your personal tarot philosophy
2. How to makes changes to spreads so they are more useful to you
3. When to go with specialized spreads vs general ones.

I gush about that book in this thread:

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=174643&highlight=barbara+moore
thank you for the added info and will check your thread out :)

gregory

I shall return to Barbara Moore - it is SO good I actually LIKE it just to read - and as I say - spreads are so Not Me... One of her great strengths is helping the READER create what is needed. Books that just offer spreads I find restrictive. Moore's I could actually see myself using.

White Rabbit

I shall return to Barbara Moore - it is SO good I actually LIKE it just to read - and as I say - spreads are so Not Me... One of her great strengths is helping the READER create what is needed. Books that just offer spreads I find restrictive. Moore's I could actually see myself using.

So, clueless here. To which Barbara Moore book are you referring. I looked her up on Amazon and came up with literally dozens of items.

8/14/12 Update on B. Moore's Book; way too much information for me right now. Liking Tarot for a New Generation--Janina Renee

gregory

Her new Tarot Spreads book - which I mentioned earlier in this thread, and which several others have agreed is excellent.

As are most of her books (I would cheerily say all, but I haven't read them all, so that would be naughty !)

jema

My best resource for spreads tend to be the forum here with the index you can search for theme, number of cards etc.

Oh and Major Toms Tarot lover's calender feature a monthly spread that I always try to use.

olivia1

My best resource for spreads tend to be the forum here with the index you can search for theme, number of cards etc.

Oh and Major Toms Tarot lover's calender feature a monthly spread that I always try to use.

yes, i have already looked at the tarot spreads section. many times. Its a good section and I have written a few of the spreads in my journal.

merissa_88

Her new Tarot Spreads book - which I mentioned earlier in this thread, and which several others have agreed is excellent.

I agree. She helped me to think about the positions in a layout like parts of a sentence, like tarot syntax. It's helped me create my own a little easier. Before I was always going to the "Spreads" subforum for new ideas.