Death as advice in relationship (CC)

Ruby Jewel

Death card says something has died. But, it does not mean it cannot be resurrected at some point in the future. In fact, that possibility is implied in the Death card. The point of the card is that you need to die to the past....let it go. Anything is possible in the future if you take this time to grow and transform. We all have to learn lessons the hard way, but the most important thing is to grow from them. If there ever was a real caring in this relationship, it will come back to you. What the Death card offers you is an opportunity to gain some distance on the situation and thereby be in a position to see it as a whole...not just your part in it, but his part as well. I see the Death card as an opportunity to begin on a better footing in the future. If that is not a part of your destiny, then at least you will have grown beyond it by then. Perhaps found your true destiny.

Enlightenment23

Update on this situation: As advice I now see this card as telling me that I needed to end my negative behavior and transform my mindframe into more positive one ... or to end the relationship.

This reading happened when we were on a "break" but we were actually still talking. We actually went out on a date around this time, after not seeing each other for months.
However, shortly thereafter (mid-september) we had a large eruption that ended all conversation.
Looking back - ending contact has been best for me due to issues in my life I was avoiding by focusing on him and our non-relationship. I'm guessing it's best for him as well, due to things he had happening at the same time.

I still miss him terribly.

Looking back I can see how things weren't as bad as I saw them at the time, and how much my fear was making it worse - till it just burnt up. I can see how things just kept feeding into the negative; he only got the worst of me-never the best of me.
Yet, I can see how I couldn't do any better at the time.

Things have gotten better for me than they were. Yet I know that I'm still not in a place were I can give my best self to anyone. My life is lacking stability at the moment, so my level of fear is still too high to be emotionally stable in a dating situation.

My focus now still need to be on me and creating that stability.

So ultimately I see Death as advice in that situation as either change my mindframe/behavior ... or life will change it for me.

Wish it was different, but I did the best I could with what I had at that time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thank you for updating us moonclad.

You're spot on, I'd say. I've seen the Death card as "change and transform your mindset, mentality entirely," as well, in my own readings.

I only wish the best for you moving forward <3

nisaba

Actually, if i may ask out of curiosity: What do you see as being the difference?

Well, if YOU think the relationship is on a "break" and THEY think it's completely ended, then you're likely to hold out hopes of rekindling something that won't be rekindled.

And if THEY think it's just on a break and YOU think it's completely over, as they try to win you back, you might regard them as a pest or even a stalker.

It always works much better if you both think the same thing. Much less unpleasant for everyone than one person thinking it's on a break and the other person thinking it's over. That is, both the person holding onto hope (whichever of you it is) and the person trying to totally get rid of the other person (whichever of you it is).

headincloud

To identify whether death is referring to a break or a split you could ask will there be a reconciliation.