Vintage Biology Oracle deck (Lenormand)

ArcaneChalice

I'd like to show 3 cards that I've made for my first real deck. It has a Lenormand based and is created in such a way that it can be used for the same kind of reading, but it can also be used as an oracle.

first two cards by Saskia Volders, on Flickr

More info on https://www.facebook.com/arcanechalice/

Death (coffin) and Balance (House)

Arcane Chalice <3

EDIT;
(scroll down to a few posts for more information about how they should be read, since it's a total different kind of imagery then the usual lenormand I can understand the confusion going on! , I PROMISE to provide more information on my website soon!)

JuniperPress

These are beautiful! Do you have a card back image yet?

greatdane

Lovely but I see it as an oracle which I know you've named it

For me, I love Lenormand because of the simplicity. Fox, Dog, being able to read out of the box.

I do think it's CREATIVE and BEAUTIFUL, but I personally wouldn't think of it as Lenormand just looking at it. And to have a card with a head and Confusion isn't what I would look for in a Cloud card. I want to see Clouds as Clouds can represent more than just confusion.

So wondering if you see this as Lenormand or oracle? And are positioning it as oracle (as it's name implies) or Lenormand (as the images seem to revolve around that).

But again, I think it is really beautiful and I see it as more of an oracle and think it would be great as that.

ArcaneChalice

Hi!

For me, I love Lenormand because of the simplicity. Fox, Dog, being able to read out of the box.

I do think it's CREATIVE and BEAUTIFUL, but I personally wouldn't think of it as Lenormand just looking at it. And to have a card with a head and Confusion isn't what I would look for in a Cloud card. I want to see Clouds as Clouds can represent more than just confusion.

So wondering if you see this as Lenormand or oracle? And are positioning it as oracle (as it's name implies) or Lenormand (as the images seem to revolve around that).

But again, I think it is really beautiful and I see it as more of an oracle and think it would be great as that.

That's quite okay to ask these kinds of questions! Hi by the way ;-)
I can read better when I have visual stimulance ,

so let's take an example and look at confusion(clouds) ; which predicts confusion (obviously).. Danger, uncertainty and lack of balance to name a few. You see the brain which implies to thought. And along with the brain you see a plant. That's Rue-herb. Small dosages create dizzyness-confusion-cloudyness and heavy dosages can be fatal , which implies to danger. you also see the wishing bones that point at one another, those tell that the subject doesn't know what it wants...

I think that my e-book that I am creating along with the deck will provide a lot more information about the cards! I am planning to use these as lenormand and it's spreads. But you can perfectly use these as oracle only!! whatever fits you best.

Thanks for your imput! it tells me to provide more information before bombarding you with a TOTAL different way of looking at lenormand!

ArcaneChalice

These are beautiful! Do you have a card back image yet?

Not yet! but i want it to be dark!!! that's for shure ;-)
(it's photoshopped on the table, kinda cheated

greatdane

Thank you for your lovely post, ArcaneChalice

As someone who has a lot of readings under their belt and feels comfortable with Lenormand, my question would be if I can't read it as Lenormand out of the box, what will those brand new think?

I DO think it's very well thought out and creative, I just don't see it as Lenormand in the sense of the simplicity of just seeing an image and knowing what it is.

Head and Confusion isn't the Clouds for me. I see where you're going with it and it's your deck and you can do what you will, but I also notice you aren't calling it Lenormand but are seeing it as Lenormand and I just find that confusing as well.

I think this is very unique and hope you do very well with it. The pictures are lovely.

ArcaneChalice

As someone who has a lot of readings under their belt and feels comfortable with Lenormand, my question would be if I can't read it as Lenormand out of the box, what will those brand new think?

I DO think it's very well thought out and creative, I just don't see it as Lenormand in the sense of the simplicity of just seeing an image and knowing what it is.

Head and Confusion isn't the Clouds for me. I see where you're going with it and it's your deck and you can do what you will, but I also notice you aren't calling it Lenormand but are seeing it as Lenormand and I just find that confusing as well.

I think this is very unique and hope you do very well with it. The pictures are lovely.

Guess I'm making a more intuitive version of it. The reason why I don't call it that way is because it totally looks different and people would just say "that's not lenormand' . unlike the questions that you are asking right now. I created my own lenormand deck before (with standard imaging) and it didn't work out for me like what I get with this deck. And perhaps I can get people to join in on the idea. But to you it's an oracle deck. And that's just fine by me ;-)

greatdane

ArcaneChalice

I do see where you're going with this. It is really different images, but you are giving them the same meaning you see in the cards. I do get that. So do you see it as Lenormand? I am guessing yes from your reply, but you are calling it oracle (because of the different images?). I am not being at all critical here, just trying to figure out how you are positioning your deck for others. Will you expect others to see Lenormand as well and so will it be a Lenormand deck on the box?
I think it is good to have this discussion because then readers will really get your thoughts here and understand once it comes out. I really want to hear all your answers.

ArcaneChalice

I do see where you're going with this. It is really different images, but you are giving them the same meaning you see in the cards. I do get that. So do you see it as Lenormand? I am guessing yes from your reply, but you are calling it oracle (because of the different images?). I am not being at all critical here, just trying to figure out how you are positioning your deck for others. Will you expect others to see Lenormand as well and so will it be a Lenormand deck on the box?
I think it is good to have this discussion because then readers will really get your thoughts here and understand once it comes out. I really want to hear all your answers.

This is an interesting discussion to have.And it is hard to decide between oracle and lenormand! because I have created something that doesn't look like it, but can be read in that manner. If I where to describe it best, then it would be that 'it has a Lenormand base' but it isn't truly lenormand. The numerology is the same. Each card represents a certain card from the deck. But they are read in a more intuitive way. You can do the same spreads with them but I think that reading them will be different then Lenormand.

Truth to be told even I still have issues with explaining myself haha! I have created something in between and I'll guess that I have to name It 'The Vintage Biology divination deck' until I can figure this out :D ,or perhaps wait it out and see how people identify with this! I am deffinitly open for more opinions and discussions about this. I'm very exited about the possibilites on how it will develop! I am not anchoring myself until I release it!