9 of Cups: Wish Granted?

BlueSun

Thirteen,

Regarding quoting, I did as you said, but why was the quote not in a BLUE BOX like the other readers' quotes?

BeyondtheVeil

Blue Sun

Regarding quoting, I did as you said, but why was the quote not in a BLUE BOX like the other readers' quotes?

Hit quote. Then you will see what the other person says. I copy & paste the top thing beside their name. It says
Person who sent message followed by ; and a number plus said:
This is yours-
Copy and paste that to the top/beginning each new paragraph/sentence/statement that you want to respond to. At the end of THAT paragraph/statement/sentence ADD [ /QUOTE] {but everything close together}.

Do that every single time to separate the thoughts/people, so that you can answer each individual. When quoting multiple people hit the 'quote multiple posts' button. Then do the same thing.

There may be an easier way, but that is what "I" do.

Hope this helps!

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Why your reply about a one-card reading was edited

Ok, I remember now. It was a 3 card draw, read straight (not past, present, future). RW deck. I asked if God would grant me that wish.
Thank you for confirming that. If you re-read what I wrote you, I said we did NOT want to know what the other cards were, only if this was a one-card draw. That's why you'll find those cards you mentioned edited out of your post. If you read the rules (Please, please, please read them now!), you'll see that all full readings belong in Your Readings. So if you even *mention* the other cards, we have to move all this to Your Readings. In Using Tarot Cards you can ask about half-or-less of the cards, like, in this case, ONE card from a three card reading.

You should not, should not, SHOULD NOT ever mention ALL the cards you got in the reading here in the Using Tarot Cards forum. If you would *like* to discuss ALL the cards from that reading, then by all means, start a post in Your Readings that lists them all including your thoughts on each. That's where you can discuss full readings.

If you feel that readers of this thread should know all three cards, you can list them all in a Your Readings post, then add a link to that post in this thread. But this thread has been only about the 9/Cups and must remain ONLY about the 9/Cups.

Thank you,
Thirteen co-mod UTC

Thirteen

Quote-/Quote and Brackets needed for "Blue" quote area

I did as you said, but why was the quote not in a BLUE BOX like the other readers' quotes?
Did you perhaps erase some part of the quote with the [brackets]? the part that starts with
name;number said:
and ends with [/quote?

The [quote & /quote] in the brackets is what creates the blue "quote" area. If you erase any part of that, even just one bracket, you won't get the blue quote area.

CrystalSeas

Bracket commands come in pairs [somecommand] and [/somecommand]

That's the part that starts the quote and shows who you are quoting.

The other half has starts with the left bracket ( [) has a slash ( / ) and the the command word (quote) and then the right bracket ( ] )

So here's what it looks

[QUOTE="Thirteen, post: 4952679, member: 767"] Words you are quoting [/quote]

Beanfeasa

When quoting multiple people hit the 'quote multiple posts' button. Then do the same thing.

There may be an easier way, but that is what "I" do.

Hope this helps!

Sorry, may I ask where is the quote multiple people button? I've been wondering about that for a while now

Beanfeasa

Yes..this card is the Wish Fulfilled Card. It is also the "Be careful what you wish for card". I have had this come up several times for both of those answers. If you aren't emotionally invested in wanting a yes and have not repeatedly asked the cards the same question over and over...then it would be safe to trust your intuition.

Hope that helps!
BeyondtheVeil

I have always thought the same about this card, we have a folktale here about a girl who was envious of another girls blue eyes, she wished at a wishing well for her eyes, the spirit of the well plucked the blue eyes from the other girls head and presented them to the jealous girl. She got what she wanted.
My favourite depiction of the nine of cups is from Julian de Burghs Celtic Tarot, it depicts exactly this tale.

Barleywine

I never encountered the idea of the 9 of Cups as a "wish" card until I came to AT a few years ago. Fulfillment and contentment yes, but not the idea of actively wishing for something and having it granted. I may be wrong, but it seems to stem from the cartomantic idea of the 9 of Hearts as the "wish card."

gregory

Sorry, may I ask where is the quote multiple people button? I've been wondering about that for a while now
The little head thing on each post, bottom right, next to the quote button. Click all the ones you want to quote and when you have done, click "reply".

I have to say I can't see it as so much of a wish thing - more as things working out well. Though yes, do be careful what you wish for, if you see it that way.

BeyondtheVeil

Beanfeasa

It is that smaller button beside the quote button. Hover your mouse over it and it will tell you what it is. :heart:

Hope that helps!
BeyondtheVeil