What Oracle decks do you consider must haves?

Logiatrix

I'm reformed!

A few years ago, I could only truly embrace one oracle deck, and that lasted about two years.
I recently returned to that first favorite, the "Healing with the Angels" and also added:

Magical Mermaids and Dolphins
Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Playing Cards
I-Ching Cards (by Richard Craze)

Yep, I've done a 180-degree turn on the oracle thing...why that is, I don't know, but I LOVE my oracles now!
:D

13thFaeChylde

dolphingirl said:
If you like decks basses on Runes I would highly recommend the Rune Vision deck by the same artist that did the Tarot of the Old Path. The cards are very large (4X6 I think) and the artwork is just stunning on them! :)

I agree ~ I have this deck and really like it a lot.

Of course, my fave is the Faeries Oracle :)
I also LOVE my Bachblueten Devas, though I haven't figured out how to read with them. I just pick a card and read up on it in my flower essence book.
And I have the Flower Speaks deck as well, and for a long time that was my fave.

But I must say that I've been captured by this Sacred Geometry deck this morning :D
And that the Tantric Dakini has been on my list for a while,
as well as a Goddess one that I can't remember the name of (racks brain).

darwinia

Rune Deck Comparison

Can anyone comment on and compare the Rune Vision deck by Sylvia Gainsford with the Rune Cards and book by Ralph Blum? Is one book better than the other for example?

I kind of like the way Blum incorporates the rune glyph into the picture, but I've always liked Sylvia's artwork and own both Tarot of the Old Path and the Tarot of Northern Shadows that she did the art for.

Thanks.

September Pixie

Faerie's Oracle (Froud)
Healing With The Faeries Oracle (Virtue)
Magical Mermaids and Dolphins
Faerie Wisdom (Kemp)

Of course, as I add to my collection I am sure my must haves will grow! :D

yve

I have several oracle decks, but the one that I wanted the most and finally broke down and bought myself was the Druid Animal oracle...i guess it's the animal/nature lover in me. Large detailed pictures, deep colors...my second favorite is my Messages from Angels...

darwinia

Re: Rune Deck Comparison

darwinia said:
Can anyone comment on and compare the Rune Vision deck by Sylvia Gainsford with the Rune Cards and book by Ralph Blum? Is one book better than the other for example?

Having forged through much archival material I think Ralphie Boy is out, Umbrae seems to have burned him up in a woodstove.

I actually prefer the Linsell black and white cards which are out of print so I am apparently safe from getting into runes.

lark

Re: Re: Rune Deck Comparison

darwinia said:
I actually prefer the Linsell black and white cards which are out of print so I am apparently safe from getting into runes. [/B]
No there not!
I just got them from Amazon!!!!
You Are NEVER SAFE here at Aeclectic.
I love these cards.

Rusty Neon

I'm intrigued by various pre-20th century French oracle decks such as the Petit Etteilla, the Grand Lenormand, the small Lenormand (multi-panel version & poem version), the Belline Oracle, Sibylle des Salons, and the Jeu du Destin Antique.

These decks are in current use by psychics in France to this day.

(Note: The Grand Etteilla is, in my opinion, a tarot deck.)

Other pre-20th century French oracle decks include a palmistry-based deck (Jeu de la Main) and a geomancy-based one (Geomantic).

Cerulean

Funny take

My only true oracular decks include a French (Grimaud) I-Ching deck that both my grandmothers saw and they recognized the Chinese characters (they are Japanese) in the set. They don't read French and I only have schoolish takes on the text. But the pictures are beautiful and evocative. I have an English text of I-Ching information, so I look at these as a leisurely learning set.

The one newish/ancient oracle system that I like very much is the Egyptian Book of Doors. I look at the art styles and read about the background information, don't use it like I do tarot.

I have some Tibetian knowledge cards and one karma oracle from Lo Scarabeo...the art is mostly appealing, but I don't use them as I use tarot.

I consider my Grand Etteillas as oracles, as well as some other Egyptian style and some modern tarots.

darwinia

Re:³ Rune Deck Comparison

lark said:
No there not!
I just got them from Amazon!!!!
You Are NEVER SAFE here at Aeclectic.
I love these cards.

Well actually I am still safe as I don't have a credit card. Amazon.ca lists them as a shipping in one to two weeks though....

They are quite lovely. I prefer cards rather than stones for the same reason I don't like to throw I Ching coins or sticks.

Thanks Lark, perhaps I can get a co-worker to order them for me.