Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Bohemian Gothic - Danse Macabre

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Bohemian Gothic Tarot

Citizen

baba-prague 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Margarita
Wow! Well, it should be obvious how I feel about The Master and Margarita, but I see Margarita as a very different figure at her ball--empowered, not zombi-like. But it's an interesting additional tidbit to fill out my thoughts about this card.
I agree to some extent. Although at the ball she is in a sense trapped - with her feet bleeding, which implies an inability to get herself out of the situation.

But I didn't mean that our Danse Macabre is supposed to be a close parallel of that scene from M and M. More that the idea of the dancers from hell was in my mind when we did the card. It was one of my strong visuals for the idea of a "Danse Macabre", and I hope our depiction, though very different, has a little of that same atmosphere.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
Citizen

Pam O 
Citizen

Bohemian Gothic Danse Macabre card scan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Margarita
In keeping with MRP's custom, this is a nonstandard card included only in the Silver (First) Edition of the deck....
Discuss.
M_M
I have been VERY lucky to get a hold of an English 1st edition with the Danse Macabre card. Out of curiosity, does anyone else have an English regular first edition with this card?

I have scanned the card so everyone can see it. I have impregnated MRP's website so no pirates can steal it.
Attached Images

Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.