sick of negative cards

Lilliana

Hi, I've been studying the tarot for a few years now, and find it very inspiring and insightful.

One thing that's been bothering me lately, is that more often than not I pick cards with negative meanings, or end up with layouts which suggest negativity.

I use the Rider Waite deck, and for awhile I've been suspecting that while the deck is very insightful, alot of the cards seem pretty negative. At first I thought it was the books I was getting the interpretations from (I'm still memorizing the cards.), but I have tried about five different books.

I also thought it might be 'cos I was focussing on the bad stuff and not the good, but I really do seem to pick the "oh no" cards alot.

ie: the tower (quite often), devil, 3 of Swords, 10 or swords, 9 of swords, justice reversed, 5 of pentacles, the reversed court cards frequently etc. ( you get the picture)

The last three years have been very difficult for me (a severe break up, losing almost all my friends, unemployment, difficult family situations, unrequited love, and for a while I was heavily into alcohol and weed (only made things worse))
So I know that if negative cards show up, it's just a reflection of my situation, but the thing that bothers me is that the "bad" cards keep showing up in future positions as well, like this difficult time is never gonna pass, (which I know isn't true, but it does get me down).

Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you had any ideas? Could it be my attitude which makes my readings have negative connotations, or could it be the particular deck or the books I'm choosing?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(oh yeah, sorry 'bout this post being so long and for the sob story :p)

thanks in advance lilliana

MeeWah

Based on what you've mentioned of the circumstances in your life, it seems the cards appearing for you are reflecting various aspects of you & your life.
Tarot acts as a mirror: it reflects the consciousness on different levels as well as the conditions in the life.
One's attitude might affect the cards in the same way that the cards mirror what is within one; however, but the cards themselves are basically neutral. Where a card lies in the range of meanings depends on a number of factors, such as the moment, the circumstances, the thoughts & feelings, etc.
The repeated negative feelings from the cards or the repetitions of certain cards are messages for you. They are encouraging you to take action; to change whatever it is you are doing. If you seek a better, more harmonious existence, it is up to you to make the changes accordingly. After all: you have free will. That means it is up to you to decide what you want & do not want in your life. The future is unwritten, subject to the choices you continuously make.
If you have not made changes in your life despite your aversion to certain conditions, then the cards would reflect the lack of change.
For example, The Tower is a wake-up call. It usually refers to change that is forced upon one for a reason, often out of necessity to clear something "old" out of the life so that progress takes place whether on the mundane level or the spiritual level or on all levels. Usually all aspects of life are under scrutiny when this card appears, as each level of this life are part of the whole of the life. When one aspect or level is out of balance, it affects the other parts, although it may not be readily apparent at the same time.
If you have not "cleaned" your deck, then cleaning the deck is a good place to start to clear "negativity". A thorough shuffling of the deck after & before using it or putting the deck in order by card are simple measures to ensure the energies of past readings are not lingering in the cards.

deso

Just a suggestion, but maybe you need to invest in a uplifting kind of deck. I would recommend something like the oracle: Healing with the Angels. As far as i can remember, there are no real negative cards. The images are beautiful. All readings I've done with them have been very accurate - and inspiring!!!!

There will always be upheavals in life - but how we respond to them points to the level of pain and constriction we will (or will not) experience at any given time.

purplelady

You can also magically cleanse your home , environment, even your aura! (especially of old lovers, or maybe people who have been in your space who you feel are negative). I think a positive oracle deck is also a good idea , like the medicine cards by Jamie Sams.