New Tarot Card Movie

arkgoth

Yes I know that...but I do not want to mention Arcana for various reasons if you read earlier posts as I described

allibee

arkgoth said:
No, I want to emphasize the point that I use "Children" as a plural but use Arcanum as singular because the path that he choose does not belong to what is known to be the REAL culture of the Tarot

You are referring to this comment?

I understand what you are saying, but it don't amount to a hill of beans if you don't know the difference, like the majority of your probable audience wont. Unless they are thoroughbred Aeclecticians of course, in which case they may be irritated that the filmaker got it wrong, and that will negate the message you wish to get across surely?

As a matter of interest, how does a 7 - 10 year old boy know the highly technical process of preserving human skin?... or is that nitpicking? I'm sure someone will tell me;)

fairyhedgehog

Re: HI ALL!

arkgoth said:
The Tarot community does have some evil in it. Not in the whole. The majority of you belong to the path of white magick. Many of you use divinity to benefit the lives of themselves and others for the better. But there IS a small fraction of this community that choose to abuse white magick, hence turning it into black magick. And it is my personal values (based on experiences) to expose these people for what they truly are.
For what it's worth: we don't all believe in or use 'magick'. Some of us are atheists, who use Tarot in purely psychological ways and don't believe in the supernatural at all.

Personally, I don't believe in magick, either white or black.

Not much use for a film, I suppose.

Major Tom

Laurel said:

The people who already hate and fear the tarot have all the ammunition they need to throw stones in glass houses and aren't likely to ever hear of this film much less see it.

The people who love the tarot already know their own truth.

I must echo my friend Laurel who speaks the truth. I send healing thoughts to anyone who might be harmed by this film.

*singing* 'A friend of the Devil is a friend of mine...'

I must admit, I too worried about the possible impact a film like this could have on my life. :( I'm not worried anymore thanks to my friends. })

For the last scene - I think the demon should be Justice and the torture should involve a Wheel.

If you use it - I want a credit. }) Just mention Major Tom :D

arkgoth

Heehee....interesting...where did you get info it is a 7-10 yr old boy....by child I refer to one who is not mentally matured yet. Funny as it may seem, but my lead actor certainly don't look like he's 7-10

:)

brb..going to have a producer's meeting

fairyhedgehog

Re: Re: Diana, just offering advice that was asked for

Diana said:
Well indeed, another example of the Atlantic Ocean divide. I think I will have to leave this thread, as it is obviously relates to specific American problems which I can only see from the outskirts, as a spectator. We don't have Ms. Cleo, and people in Europe are not very concerned about the Death and the Devil card. People are not scared of Tarot here, possibly because it has been part of the culture for hundreds of years now.
But Europe is not monocultural. Even England (my bit of Europe) isn't. Certainly in England there are pockets of prejudice.

I certainly believe that the two cards most people could name from a Tarot pack would be Death and the Devil, and I'm pretty sure Tarot round here would be regarded with deep suspicion. Hey, some schools in England were anti-Potter too.

I would love for the world to be this lovely place where we all respect each other but I am living in a country stupid enough to go to war with Iraq any day now. I despair of human nature if that is the best we can do. I certainly don't think that a film about the evil of Tarot cards will make my life any easier in coming out of the closet. Hey ho, it's dark in the closet but at least it is safe.

allibee

arkgoth said:
Heehee....interesting...where did you get info it is a 7-10 yr old boy....by child I refer to one who is not mentally matured yet. Funny as it may seem, but my lead actor certainly don't look like he's 7-10

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/tta/html/sep07.html

.....your casting call I believe, duh!

Children tend to dislike being called ‘child’ when they hit their teenage years which they have a habit of reaching on their 13th birthday. I know, I’m surrounded by them.

"Heehee....interesting..."

I’m glad you thought my post funny, at least now I know the people that believe in the true value and beauty of the tarot have absolutely nothing to fear from a filmmaker such as yourself.

arkgoth

I called for a 7-10 yr old boy, but it was for an extra...not a lead :)

Tarotphelia

This post does not contain dangerous humor in any form:

I wish you had bothered to do some proper research instead of trying to use us to fix your ailing script in a hurry for free.

Perhaps you need to find some paid consultants in the dark/satanic/ ritual magick side of the occult world who can give you the insights & experiences that you need to add more authenticity to your current work.

I think they would be fairly easy for you to find, and probably glad to meet you.

Tarotphelia

Logiatrix

to be honest...

i have to admit, if it is preported to have tarot in it, i will try to see such a movie, even if it promises to irritate me with subtle inaccuracies. however, i'm not sure i would be so eager if it depicts a blatantly negative representation of tarot, but i would still be curious.
none of that really matters, though, 'cuz i just flat don't look at cinematic portrayals of gore and mutilation. nope, just don't go there...