Does anyone do readings for their pets?

arizonagirl

Thanks for posting the spread. I once had a problem with my chickens and used the Celtic Cross. Worked very well, altho it gave me more information than I needed.

.dc

oh yes, i totally do readings on my cat as she is drawn naturally to the cards. she loves their bag and when i play with them (or when i post on this board for that matter) she is right there by my side. when i took the tarot class, my instructor told us to do readings as often as we could. online, to cowerkers, pets and ourselves to get the feel for the cards. reading for my cat...now that's strange. weird.

i own the cat astrology book, tarotbear, it's a HOOT. best $6 i ever spent. =)

i had no idea there was a pet spread so thanks for the post. now i'll be able to use that one on Joth. maybe that'll help to clear up the confuzion i get from them.

blessed be,
.dc

misifu

Hey .dc,
I can relate to what you say about your cat, I have a white cat named Q-tip, and ever since she was a kitten, she would always sense when I was going to give a reading, either for myself or someone else, and would jump up on my lap and "perch" on my shoulder.
Love,
Misifu

.dc

misifu,

joth won't do much of the cutesy sit-on-the-shoulder or lap thing. mostly she sits next to me. she RARELY cuddles the same direction as i sleep. (she's always perpendicular to my parallel). and she's sooo squirmy sometimes that i cannot even pick her up.

I had a cat a few years ago, Mosi, who loved to perch on my shoulder. that and sit in my lap. Of course whe wasn't declawed and when i was at the computer playing games and whatnot, she'd get all excited and spring at the monitor and OUCH...i think i still have a few scars.

blessed be,
.dc

Aeon

ooohhh, this is perfect timing! Last week we put in an application to adopt a recently retired racing greyhound. I did a spread to see if we would get accepted... Three Aces and yes we did <G>. We get to pick her up this weekend and spoil her silly for the rest of her life. While I was doing the spread to see the outcome of the application I was pondering reading on her to help the transition being as she's not a puppy, more like 3 or 4 yrs old (I'll know more when we pick her up and get all her papers). This spread is perfect, Thanks. You guys are great.
Aeon

Celtic_Dragon

A while ago (actually last christmas), I did a reading for my friend's cat. She said that she believed her cat had reincarnated from a previous cat she owned into this one just to be with her. I did the reading and (if read correctly, I was very wet behind the ears for tarot) found that her cat was very attached to her. So attached that there was a possibility that she could be reincarnated one more time into her own flesh and blood!! The sad part about it is her cat has the oppertunity to pass on to a higher plane than ours. (angel, gardian, you name it) Shown by one of the extra cards (the only time I forgot to take it out before shuffling) indicating some spiritual growth. Being a witch she was excited about having a daughter with psychic powers she could help develop in her cat's next life. All the while I thought she was being selfish keeping her cat from proceeding onto the next level. I think I said that she had learned all her lessons that was nessary for her to move on, kinda like graduating.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it :D Still, that's kinda sad don't you think?

dolphinprincess

If we can read for humans, I see no reason why we can't read for pets / animals. Animals have very distinct feelings and personalitites - beyond what *most* people give them credit for.

Its funny, but most of the readings I have done over the past few weeks have been for pets - which is why this thread caught my attention. I think I got some very accurate and beneficial information from my readings. Since animals communicate in a way that is different than humans, you can't just ask them a question and get an answer. I think tarot is a great tool for gaining some insight.

WolfSpirit

jadecat said:
There is a deck (I forget the name) with animal pictures surrounded by a pink? border.
Might that be one to use for this?
jadecat

I think you mean the animal wise tarot by Ted Andrews. It is actually meant for humans, I think you could use it for animals although most animals in the deck are wild animals. There is no cat in the deck for instance, but there are a few felines.
If you like animals I can recommend this deck anyway, I get good readings from it and the book with the deck is really good IMO.

My only pets are cats, and I do sometimes a reading for them with the tarot for cats. I think another deck works just as well, I just like using this one.
I have seen some other cute cats decks at tarotgarden, all a bit expensive (rare and oop decks) but I think I might want to collect some of those when I no longer look for decks to read with (yeah like that is gonna happen. Think I will have to win the lottery)

Moongold

Greetings -

I have used the Ancient Egyptian Tarot to do readings for my cat. The Egyptians regarded the cat as sacred and there are lots of felines in this deck.

Oops .... I picked this thread up whilst looking ON LINE. It's actually quite an old one.

Many blessings,

Moongold

Hedera

Ah, but it's an interesting thread to revive - and the idea of using the Ancient Egyptian for cats is a good one!

The slightly 'formal' mood seems to fit too, somehow.

And, of course, soon there will be the Baroque Bohemian Cat tarot to use for that purpose. :D

How about dogs? Any ideas which decks might be suitable for dogs?

The first ones that come to mind for me are Robin Wood and Cosmic Tribe. Something to do with the cheerfulness, the sense of innocense and boundless energy.