Best Bargains

jema

Love that story Teheuti!
I know of a certain someone on this forum that sent her husband off to a garage sale telling him to look out for the Greenwood - and he tossed it in her lap 30 minutes later...

I hope to find a tarot of the Origins that way some day.

Mi-Shell

for $4.15 in a plastic bag in a dark corner of the charity shop I found 2 meditation decks, brand new:
"I am Divine" by Barbara Burke (luminous Creations)
+
A new Earth by Eckhard Tolle
Now I am all set for the summer:)

tarot heart

Love that story Teheuti!
I know of a certain someone on this forum that sent her husband off to a garage sale telling him to look out for the Greenwood - and he tossed it in her lap 30 minutes later...

This story really made me laugh. :D Why is it men have that knack for doing things like this?!!!

Bhavana

I wouldn't call this a bargain for everyone, but I have been wanting the Tarot of the Cat People for a long time, and though I don't usually bother with the sets/books, I heard that the book that comes with is pretty good...and I just got an older Belgium printing of the deck, with the book, box a little worn around the edges, but cards and book like new - for $10.99. So, I'm pretty happy!

Bhavana

Keys to the Kingdom (new) set for $20!!

The crowned one

Speaking of Albano Waite. Years ago, I had been wanting one for some time, although it was long out of print. I was driving down the street in San Francisco and saw a garage sale. I immediately thought, "Oh, I have to stop and get my Albano Waite deck." Got out of the car, walked up to the table, picked up the deck, bought it and left. True story. I wasn't even freaked out - it seemed so logical at the moment.

This amazes me, but I have to accept it, now to figure out how this came to pass.. :D

Bhavana

This amazes me, but I have to accept it, now to figure out how this came to pass.. :D

wish this sort of thing would happen to me!!

Today the postman brought me my yellow box plaid back Muller and Cie Switzerland printing RWS - no copyrite on cards :)...

I paid right around $10 plus shipping of $5.95 - the seller listed the cards as in "good" condition, and that was a big fat lie - the cards are in EXCELLENT condition!! I don't think they have ever even been used. Perfectly flat, no warping, lovely satiny matte cardstock, not a crease, mark, splatter on them....edges all smooth and crisp - just perfect!! - I am soooo happy!!!

Sharysa

I had a bargain literally two weeks ago. I was thinking of getting a new deck since my first deck (the Cachet Tarot) is very high-maintenance (being a gift deck more suited for display), dislikes being used more than once a day, and is just very big and awkward to shuffle. One of my top choices for a new deck was the Arthurian Tarot by John and Caitlin Matthews, since I'm an Irish Reconstructionist with a soft spot for the Arthurian stories and the promise of historical accuracy was very, very good.

It helped that the art was fantastic.

On the advice of my first deck that I should get out more, I went out to lunch instead of eating in with my co-workers, and then I spent an hour poking around one of my favorite used-bookstores nearby.

I found a complete, gently-used Arthurian Tarot set for a little over six dollars. Unfortunately I spent most of my money on food and so had to run to the bank to get another twenty dollars. But when the cashier rang it up, it cost seven dollars. Meaning that since I paid with a twenty, I got thirteen bucks back. And then I realized it was Friday the Thirteenth. At which the cashier told me that I was the third person this happened to.

So: Finding a full set in great condition for seven dollars, on Friday the Thirteenth, and I'm the third person who got a seven/thirteen combination?

Pretty sure that's a deal on several levels. :D

Bhavana

I had a bargain literally two weeks ago. I was thinking of getting a new deck since my first deck (the Cachet Tarot) is very high-maintenance (being a gift deck more suited for display), dislikes being used more than once a day, and is just very big and awkward to shuffle. One of my top choices for a new deck was the Arthurian Tarot by John and Caitlin Matthews, since I'm an Irish Reconstructionist with a soft spot for the Arthurian stories and the promise of historical accuracy was very, very good.

It helped that the art was fantastic.

On the advice of my first deck that I should get out more, I went out to lunch instead of eating in with my co-workers, and then I spent an hour poking around one of my favorite used-bookstores nearby.

I found a complete, gently-used Arthurian Tarot set for a little over six dollars. Unfortunately I spent most of my money on food and so had to run to the bank to get another twenty dollars. But when the cashier rang it up, it cost seven dollars. Meaning that since I paid with a twenty, I got thirteen bucks back. And then I realized it was Friday the Thirteenth. At which the cashier told me that I was the third person this happened to.

So: Finding a full set in great condition for seven dollars, on Friday the Thirteenth, and I'm the third person who got a seven/thirteen combination?

Pretty sure that's a deal on several levels. :D

What is most awesome about it is that you found the very deck you were thinking of getting! My local used bookstore has NO occult section at all - unless you want to count the tiny one inch space between the bibles and the cookbooks, where occasionally some book on Libra or local ghost stories winds up.

Great find!

Sulis

I just got the Tarot de Trieste and book (in German unfortunately since I don't speak German) for €0.89.
With postage to the UK it came to under €4...
I love a bargain and it's a lovely deck too.