Decks You Wish They'd Make Already

espearite

I agree with Frac_ture, a Marvel/DC deck would be really cool!

The last few months I've been reading George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series (anyone else familiar with these?), and I think it would make a great deck. It'd need to be nicely illustrated, though, not photographed.

Also, I'm a big Stephen King fan and would love to see a deck based on his Dark Tower series.

I think I'd understand George's books a bit better if they were in the form of tarot cards, lol. I say this because I tried reading the first book in his series. I think I'm just really inpatient and ADDish when it comes to long sagas. Not photographed, you mean computer generated?

espearite

for me it is a lenticular deck. One orientation showing a 'regular' image.
Turn it 180 degrees so it is in effect a reversed card and you have a different image but related to the first. Could be a shadow image, reversed image, opposite interpretation - whatever.
This would make the 78 card deck in effect a 156 card deck but without having the extra bulk. Also, those who do like using reversals would have something of more substance.

Now THAT I would buy, if the artwork was up to what I look for in a deck anyways. Being modern(ish) technology I would see this working well with a modern day themed deck. Something akin to a hybrid of Bright Idea and Silicon Dawn.

Will we ever see such a deck?? Maybe. Needs an artist who is willing to create that many images, and a publisher who can produce it whereby the cost is not prohibitive so as to make it unviable.

That would definitely catch my eye. :)

Fairytale

Alice in Wonderland themed deck! Would be bloody great! Imagining Alice falling into the hole card, Mad Hatter tea party card etc...

I know theres already Alice Tarot (and I LOVE it!) but would love something newer with amazing images and stuffs too :D

Aivli

I think I'd understand George's books a bit better if they were in the form of tarot cards, lol. I say this because I tried reading the first book in his series. I think I'm just really inpatient and ADDish when it comes to long sagas. Not photographed, you mean computer generated?

Lol! I know what you mean about being impatient. He does love to draw out the drama. The story line is so good, but sometimes I really don't care what the heck the characters ate at this feast or that feast. Also I do wish he would resolve at least a couple of sub plots before introducing new characters. I had to make myself some visual aids to keep track of who is who and doing what!

By photographed I mean photos or computer generated images/collages of the actors from the HBO series.

crystal dawn

large barbara walker deck

crystal dawn

Tarot of frown strong - reprinted

Polydeuces

I'd like to see a psychedelia tarot with images inspired from Alex Grey's artwork :)

Penthasilia

An Oracle deck based on the Nordic gods (Or Norse mythology)

Odin, Thor, Frigg etc ...

I'd like this too. I'd also love a really well thought-out Tarot based on Norse mythology. That would be great.

Probably the best one I have found is the Giants Tarot. Doesn't have the Aesir as it is a deck dedicated to the Jotun/Rokkir but it is pretty fabulous and done by someone who is a Northern Heathen- so the history and deck match up pretty well.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/giants/

And yes- I have seen all the others and was not impressed.

Hmmm- my wish- I think a Simpsons deck, with the appropriate Squirrel card included of course- would be hilarious!

espearite

Probably the best one I have found is the Giants Tarot. Doesn't have the Aesir as it is a deck dedicated to the Jotun/Rokkir but it is pretty fabulous and done by someone who is a Northern Heathen- so the history and deck match up pretty well.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/giants/

And yes- I have seen all the others and was not impressed.

Hmmm- my wish- I think a Simpsons deck, with the appropriate Squirrel card included of course- would be hilarious!

Thanks for the link, Penthasilia. I've been thinking about such a deck... I have been working on a story based on such mythology as well, so it would be interesting to work with. :)