2010 Monthly Oracle Studies

DragonFae

I found that 2009....started to feel a bit stressful....so for 2010...I have vowed to slow down and cut back....I want reading my cards to be enjoyable NOT stressful....so in keeping with that I will do ONE Tarot deck and ONE Oracle deck each month....that's just my personal choice...there's no right or wrong to it...just what I want to do this year. I'm sure I will use other decks during the month but for reflection and study...just one!!!

JANUARY 2010

Tarot: Radiant Rider Waite (I must admit I'm more and oracle girl than tarot but wanted to examine and study a more traditional tarot deck...the others I have are all "themed". I will be spending several months with this deck)

Oracle: Froud's Faeries (Wanted to start off the year with my old favorite and still my stand by deck. With the new Froud deck coming out later, I wanted to develop a closer relationship with these faeries.)

FEBRUARY 2010

Tarot: Radiant Rider Waite

Oracle: Cards of Love (well it is Valentine's Day this month)

MARCH 2010

Tarot: Radiant Rider Waite

Oracle: Mexican Loteria cards (I started writing out my personal interpretations for these cards and I'd like to finish them off....love these cards...they are simple yet deep at the same time)

THE REST OF 2010.....I'll add as I make decisions....its too early to really dfeel the direction I want to go....I have some decks that are just lingering but I hate to put them on the list...there are reasons I'm not reading with them...PLUS I want to see exactly when the new FROUD deck comes out because I will most likely devote a couple months to it...

What are your plans for the first few months of 2010???

kmartin60

Im like you..more of an ORACLE girl....but have also just gotten some new (well, new to me) decks from a ebay win that are quite intriguing!~But...I also have been trying (AND WILL!) to get both the Froud Faery deck, and the Fairy-tale deck! (Actually bought that one from amazon and all they sent was a book!) UGHHHH then? When you return to get your money back? OH NO! Only about half of what you originally paid....GRRRR>..Hahahhahahaha my own fault...sighs...but still gonna get them both someday~
So, for me? It leans sorta this way~~~~

Jan. 2010
Oracle deck:" Wisdom of the Hidden realms"
Tarot deck: The Aquarian deck.....
Feb. 2010
Oracle deck: "Magical Unicorns"
Tarot Deck: "Gothic Tarot" for now most likely.

But there is one (In the ebay win) that has no name, (Pub. 1970) can tell it was used extensively not from harsh wear but the bend and darkening of certain cards...gonna be almost like a geneology search here! I am always intrigued...and this one has peeked my interest! Now to figure out rest....
Curiouser and curiouser.....Kim

I FOUNDED IT! I finally found the copywrite who it belongs to and checked out the name! This is Tarot De Marsailles type deck by: S.R. Kaplan pub by US GAMES..."Tarot 1JJ"
the little paper booklet is all gone but the majors, and the minors ar'nt illustrated just the number per suite..like 8 batons etc..etc..will the deff. of Reg. tarot work for them by chance? My intuition stinks without pics....LOL

souljourney

So are you going to start a more "generic" blog? I am a follower of the FairyTale blog.

I'm doing a PDR with some tarot deck... click on the website link and vote. I can't make up my mind. One of Ciro's or the Fey.

For Oracles... I'll always go back to the Pathfinders Deck.

I do plan on mixing it up a bit though, and hope to blog/journal more about it.

This last year we started a Tarot & Oracle Meetup group in town... so that has been fun.

I'm sure one month I'll be blogging on different divination methods... Sabian symbols, Druid sticks, etc.

irisa

I'm a bit late to the Oracle party :)

I've used mostly Tarot decks, the only Oracle I really used was Oracle of the Dreamtime I just felt a bond from the moment I saw it and still love it today.

But then I was given Froud's Faeries and now I'm smitten. I did a year ahead spread and they were telling me, plain as day, that I didn't need any other cards just them! Cheeky! I thought but then it did get me thinking the Fey was a Tarot deck I never really bonded with (not thinking of myself as a faery/fey person) just maybe... I dismissed that deck to the back of the drawer too soon...

So for January at least I'm going with Froud's alongside the Fey.

irisa :)

DragonFae

Yes....I do need to get blogging again...I have three blogs that are tarot/oracle in nature....

Once Upon a Time which focuses primarily on The Fairy Tale Tarot by Hunt...along with some other stuff fairytale in nature...

The Quest which is a blog about all tarot, oracle, etc....all manner and shape of things...

The Silent Woods which is my personal account of the haunted farm I grew up on and my thoughts about a personal deck I am creating (for self and family only...amauter to say the least)...but just a fun project I'm involved in...

ALL of my blogs need updating...Christmas threw me totally off track!

DragonFae

Okay...one more day in January...and I haven't worked with the tarot deck at all..:( ...For some reason I haven't been in the mood...and I am definately not ready to put aside the Faeries...in fact I love them sooooo much I might as well admit I will be using them EVERY month!! LOL

So for February:
Radiant Rider Waite (stays on the list)
Love Cards
Froud's Faeries....

In fact I think I am going to try some spreads or readings using both the faeries and the love cards combined....hmmmmm....might be fun!!

kmartin60

I know exactly what you mean about "Being in the mood" my problem as well..plus I still having hard time getting a faery deck but going to keep aiming for it. My problem now is picking which decks to work with first! Its darn near impossible.

And can you post more on your spreads or which ones you try combining your Tarot decks with Oracle ones? I like that idea.....so far all I have done is combine the "Shapeshifter" deck for a 2010 year reading for a friend with a clarifier Oracle card (Wisdom of the Hidden Realms) per month.....

Also, cant seem to settle to one deck I even do a daily card draw from anywhere from 6 to 20 something decks...can you tell I got too much time on me hands?......winks.......So for feb..? I suppose it will be something like:

IJJ Tarot (For sure) + Angel Love cards, and messages for Animal Spirit guides.....but then a slew of others afterwards each day......
(Also doing IDS with Vargo's Gothic Tarot...and a PDR but not a specific deck)

(And I still want more! Am I addicted or what?) grinning starting to shuffle.....

DragonFae

I've been mulling over a mixed love cards and faeries spread....Im gonna play with it this afternoon...and then I will post...:)

I was at the stage you are describing...TOO many decks calling...(and I do bore easily)....HOWEVER...in 2010....I am determined to spend some QUALITY time with a few decks instead of being so overwhelmed...

it started to feel like too much work...and I want it to help me focus and center...not be all overwhelmed....

DragonFae

Well....have to re-figure my whole plan and here is why....first of all I have NEVER even gotten into the tarot deck: the Radiant Rider Waite....not sure why....but just cant seem to....it doesnt move me....perhaps it is tarot in general....but idk...

Second....the NEW FROUD deck is out and it is awesome....The Heart of Faerie...is what I will be focusing on for the next several months....in fact I have been playing around with making the deck PLUS the original Froud Faeries my project for the year...I'm not saying I won't play with a few others...the Mexican Loteria for sure....but IDK....something is just saying to me...focus on the faeries....idk why...well except that I LOVE them sooo much and they give great readings...even with the original deck I am still learning and exploring but then I didn't get that one when it first came out ....have only had it for about a year and a half...

BlueRosary

I love this idea!

I decided use only one tarot deck a month this year, and I’m enjoying it. But I am missing my oracle decks. Oracles decks are fairly new to me so I was looking to start working with them regularly as well.

I just can’t figure out which deck to work with first…I’m working towards learning to read (tarot & oracle cards) for other people this year and I’ve noticed that some of my oracle decks are more for my personal development and don’t work well for me with predictions (Shaman Wisdom Cards & Medicine Cards) the other two I work with, Madame Endora & Mystical Lenormand seem to be strictly for predictions.

So…January was Vargo’s Gothic…February is New Orleans Voodoo Tarot

MARCH 2010

TAROT: MASTER’S TAROT. This is a deck I use more for spiritual reflection/guidance and I expect to be doing a lot of journaling.

ORACLE: MADAME ENDORA. Think I’ll check out the study group forum on this. (changed to Mystical Lenormand)

APRIL: Tarot of the Trees & Mystical Lenormand (changed to Well Worn/Hidden Path)
MAY: Vision Quest Tarot & Shaman wisdom cards
JUNE: African Tarot & Medicine Cards
JULY: Afro-Brazilian Tarot & Madame Endora
AUGUST: African American Tarot & Mystical Lenormand
SEPTEMBER: Deviant Moon & Shaman Wisdom Cards
OCTOBER: Halloween Tarot & Medicine Cards
NOVEMBER: Vampire Tarot (Place) & Madame Endora
DECEMBER: Bohemian Gothic Tarot & Mystical Lenormand

I’ve got the tarot deck for each month this year. I guess I’ll just cycle through the oracle decks. It’s going to be interesting for me to see if I’m able to part with the oracle deck at the end of the month to move on to the next.

What a great thread, thanks!