Faerie Tarot: Ace of Pentacles

Hemera

The Pentacles look like pomegranates in all other cards of this suit except for the Ace. The Ace is a very elaborately carved metal disk. I am not sure I understand the artist´s choice here. Also the guardian animal is a Bird of Paradise, which looks a bit "outlandish" amongst the otherwise more northern fauna of this deck.
The disk floats in the air and looks ungrounded, which is also a bit odd in an Ace of the Earth. The season here is summer and we can see a field of red poppies below the desk.

GryffinSong

I'm not sure yet what to think about this card, except that I find it very beautiful. I'm puzzled by the things you've mentioned, Hemera, as well as the line of pink in the background. Pink mountains? Clouds? It seems an odd color in this context. I love the poppies, and have a feeling that they will hold some greater meaning for me when I've spent more time with this card.

I'm tending to see the disk as a shield, and the dark curly feathers that trail down almost to the ground as grounding cords/roots that are about to dig into the earth.

And if I squint, I see the disk/bird/feather motif resembles a mask of some sort. A mask of a mighty warrior perhaps.

Hemera

GryffinSong said:
I
I'm tending to see the disk as a shield, and the dark curly feathers that trail down almost to the ground as grounding cords/roots that are about to dig into the earth.

And if I squint, I see the disk/bird/feather motif resembles a mask of some sort. A mask of a mighty warrior perhaps.

Oooh I like this!
I have just recently dug up this deck again and just yesterday I got this card in a reading. I like the thought that it´s the bird of Paradise that´s sending down roots for grounding.
Oh, and I have to go and squint for the mask now :p