Fairy Tale Tarot Lessons

DragonFae

As I study and reflect on this deck...I am attempting to select a lesson from each tale that resonates with me...This will be my on going list...edited as more reveal themselves...

Major Arcana:

I (Magician) Story: The Thunder Dragon
My Lesson: ..."There is a dragon inside each of us, welcome it and your life will be transformed."

XI (Justice) Story: The Goose Girl
My Lesson "It is dangerous to try and be someone you are not." OR "Do not meekly accept someone else's reality."

XV (Temptation) Story: Bluebeard
My Lesson: "There are lessons to be learned from the things that tempt us and in doing so we will be changed forever."

Wands:

Princess of Wands Story: Tatterhood
My Lesson: "Live your life with passion, doing things you love regardless of what others think, and the ending will be full of happiness not regret."

Three of Wands Story: Hok Lee and the Dwarves.
My Lesson: "There is beauty in honesty."

Ten of Wands Story: Rumplestilskin
My Lesson: "No matter what life gives you...approach it with creativity, wit, and decisive action."

Cups:

Five of Cups: Story: Urashima and the Turtle
My Lesson: "There is sometimes great sadness and regret in change but moving forward is all that can be done."

Seven of Cups: Story: The Glass Mountain
My Lesson: With determination and a sound plan one can be successful at any endeavor.

If you are interested in doing so ...please post your own list in this thread as you discover meanings or lessons of personal value in the tales...then edit as more are developed.

DragonFae

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite parts of the Fairy Tale Tarot...(finding personal lessons in the stories)....and the great thing is...it is an ongoing process...there's so many stories and wonderful possiblities...

DragonFae

BUMP...I would be really interested in other's fairy tale lessons...if they have been reflecting on this aspect of the deck.

Genna

8 of Cups and 3 of Swords

8 of Cups; The Story; The Fisherman and His Wife; don´t be pressured to act against your common sense.
Be content with the good things you have instead of always wanting more and feeling unsatisfied.

3 of Swords; The Little Matchgirl; never forget the poor, sick and unhappy. Try your best for them.

Amary

I've been reading the fairy tales to my kids at night, and it's interesting because the lesson I gained from Bluebeard was this:

"Having fallen prey to temptation does not mean that you have to be a victim."

Genna

I love your lesson, Amary; it´s so true.
Your children are lucky hearing fairy tales every night! I believe it is an important part of becoming a "whole" person, with standards, kindness and a consciense.

Editing; spelling

Ashtaroot

very nice i like this thread :)

Genna

Welcome!

Thank you, I´m glad you do! Please join our Study Group on Lisa Hunt´s Fairy Tale Tarot and comment on the cards, lessons or start new threads if you´d like to. We´re glad to have you!

Amary

genna said:
I love your lesson, Amary; it´s so true.
Your children are lucky hearing fairy tales every night! I believe it is an important part of becoming a "whole" person, with standards, kindness and a conciense.

Thank you! I feel like a good mom now. :D We've been taking turns pulling a card and reading that lesson. They like to look at the pictures on the cards while I read. I figured it would be a good way to spend time with the kids and the deck at the same time. :D

You know what, though- the story for the 6 of pentacles really bothered me. I mean, yeah, the Maori kid learned to build nets and his people because better fishermen because he shared his knowledge, but... what about the fairies? They worked hard and ended up with nothing at the end of it. And they didn't share the secret of the fishing nets willingly.

It just bugged me. Any opinions?

Genna

I agree, the story doesn´t seem right for 6 of Pentacles. The fairies didn´t give the knowledge willingly, and the Maori boy didn´t give anything in return for his new knowledge.