Tarot on Bones !!!

Teheuti

Oh, my Goddess, Tarot on "Bones" - the TV show. I'm going to die . . .

And, can you believe it, the first card up is literally her first name - Temperance (Brennan).

More later.

GeorgiePorgie

I'm glad you posted this. Bones is one of my fave shows and I saw some stills online with (I think) Cyndi Lauper and I saw in a scene with her, that there were some cards in a layout. I had hoped someone would post about it when it showed in the US. It won't air in Oz until ... well, who knows when?

faerieluca

ooh I have it on my DVR and now I am even more excited to watch it. Did anyone else find some nice subtle irony that her name was changed as a baby from Joy to Temperance?

corrielle

I got all excited when I saw that first scene! I was even all proud of myself for knowing what deck she was using. At first, I was worried that the tarot reader was going to be the killer, but I should have had more faith in the Bones writers than that after being a fan for three seasons...

I actually ended up being pretty impressed with their portrayal of the reader... and despite the "dun dun DUUUUUUN" Death card moment, I thought the rest of what she said as she turned over cards made a lot of sense (though I'd love to watch those scenes again for a more thorough analysis...) Also, I like that Booth acted on the advice from the reading... Especially after other characters were telling him to be rational and cerebral at the expense of his feelings. It was a nice balance. Then again, I think Bones has always been good at exploring that heart/head dichotomy. Also, I think it ended up showing that "mystical" or not, the cards have a lot of potential for uncovering things one might not have considered before.

Disa

I walked in the house right in the middle of the show- at the Death scene. I was a little put off since that's the first thing I saw, but I do love Cyndi Lauper. I still want to see the entire episode.

yakn

Oh man I missed it! Ok looking for a rerun...

yakn

faunabay

yakn said:
Oh man I missed it! Ok looking for a rerun...

yakn
Same here!!! I'll have to check it out in a rerun!

shadowomyn

I love Cyndi Lauper, so having her on Bones in the first place was terrific - but having her on as a psychic who uses tarot cards was *awesome* !

I won't say too much since some folks haven't seen it yet, but I really enjoyed how they portrayed the psychic/tarot reader here.

Hathor

I was channel surfing when I thought I saw the Temperance card ! Was really surprised when I saw it was Bones !! I was glued to my couch for the entire hour. I love Cyndi Lauper and her Brooklyn-Queens accent ! She was great !