Pamela Coleman Smith Commemorative Set

nicky

Le Fanu said:
Surely nobody would buy this in order the get the Pictorial Key to the Tarot book, would they? It feels like an afterthought to be able to charge another $8 or something.

I continue loving the deck and the pixie mini bio. The deck is one of my most used/consulted ones...

Agreed. The Pictorial Key is good for insomnia...the presentation of the cards in this set and the additional Pixie stuff makes it well worth owning.

RexMalaki

...and I went ahead and bought it.

I needed that book about PCS, and the other stuff postcards and artwork were lovely.

~whispers~ the deck is really better then I thought it could be...backs are real cool too...

a 15% off coupon from B&N was the deciding factor, and I'm glad I did it.

rwcarter

An update on the picture-less PKT with missing World write-up. I utilized the "Contact Us" feature on the USG website to inquire whether there was an errata for the book so that I could at least print it out and make the book complete. After a couple of weeks, I got a reply from Stuart Kaplan himself that they had reprinted the PKT and that he'd send me a replacement copy.

A couple of weeks later, the book arrived. While it is now complete (as far as I know cause I haven't had a chance to look through the entire book), they placed the write-up on the World before the Fool instead of after it. So now it's pictureless and the cards are discussed in a different order than Waite originally did.

Rodney

Cerulean

Thanks for the report on "Key to Tarot" kit correction

I wrote again and asked if I could obtain a corrected book and the question if I buy another set directly from U.S. Games if it will have the corrections and revisions.

I had previously written in 2009 and received no answer about my inquiry for a revised book copy I could obtain/buy if need be. The compact size of the set and books is very nice for travel. I will not comment on the deck here.

Hopefully I will be able to report back if one can reliably buy a set directly from the publisher with all the corrections.

Thanks.

Cerulean

rwcarter said:
An update on the picture-less PKT with missing World write-up. I utilized the "Contact Us" feature on the USG website to inquire whether there was an errata for the book so that I could at least print it out and make the book complete. After a couple of weeks, I got a reply from Stuart Kaplan himself that they had reprinted the PKT and that he'd send me a replacement copy.

A couple of weeks later, the book arrived. While it is now complete (as far as I know cause I haven't had a chance to look through the entire book), they placed the write-up on the World before the Fool instead of after it. So now it's pictureless and the cards are discussed in a different order than Waite originally did.

Rodney