Hallowquest Lesson 7 - The Sword Maiden, Sword Two & Three

PathWalker

QUESTIONS

1.) Are you looking after your body, the vehicle of your soul?

2.) What are you giving up to walk this path? Focus on these aspects of your life now and allow the energies that inhabit them to be released. See them pour forth freely down the path that lies before you.

3.) What either/or desicions face you right now? Choose one such and list the pros and cons or either side.

4.) When you meditate, do you push aside the first image that you see as innapropriate? In future, trust the first thing you see/experience.

5.) What are you desperately holding onto that needs to leave your life?

6.) Who or what has been most formative in your life to date?

TASK
Morning Affirmation

MEDITATION
The meditation for lesson seven involves the Sword Maiden, the Two of Swords and the Three of Swords.

PathWalker

Pathwalker - lesson seven questions

1.) Are you looking after your body, the vehicle of your soul?

* Generally yes, I think I am. Most of my diet is healthy, I don't smoke, I don't drink alcohol to excess. I do have some issues over sweet foods and I don't exercise as much as I might.

2.) What are you giving up to walk this path? Focus on these aspects of your life now and allow the energies that inhabit them to be released. See them pour forth freely down the path that lies before you.

*At first I thought I wasn't giving anything up - I was thinking of physical things I suppose. But I realise there are certain attitudes and feelings that aren't correct/helpful for someone on a quest.
- Judgemental
- Anger
- Lack of compassion
These are the first ones I recognise, and so I try to visualise them, and let them go.
(Judgemental - hard, grey, dull sounding when approached and struck. Replaced with a clear, bell-like note. Anger - a child running around and around, crying out, not understanding. Replaced with peace. Lack or compassion - distorted/elevated self image. Replaced with a plain mirror.)

3.) What either/or desicions face you right now? Choose one such and list the pros and cons or either side.

*This was a fairly boring list to do with working or not working. I'm not sure of the purpose of the exercise - but I do see that some coloumns had more writen in than others :) Perhaps this helps lead one to an answer - I see good and bad on each side, but I must make a decision and stick to it?

4.) When you meditate, do you push aside the first image that you see as innapropriate? In future, trust the first thing you see/experience.

* I was tempted to ignore the Hermit when I saw him in the meditation for lesson six! But he was there, so I accepted him, although I was suprised.

5.) What are you desperately holding onto that needs to leave your life?

* I don't know. Self-importance perhaps?

6.) Who or what has been most formative in your life to date?

* In terms of people, I suppose my parents. My views on behaviour, honesty, self-worth and so forth come from my upbringing. Although bringing up my daughter has changed me too I think.
Then my true love and enjoyment of the natural world. It informs my daily joys and occupations, as well as providing peace, solitude, endless learning and fascination; and a despair about the destructive nature of the human species.

PathWalker

Lesson Seven task

Well, it was fairly easy to create a short affirmation for the morning - but I'm struggling with remembering to think about it as I wake and get up.
Mornings are not my best time LOL

Perhaps I should have some little visual aid in my room, just to jog me.

PathWalker

Short Meditation

Last night I travelled to meet the Sword Maiden, but I had forgotten what I was supposed to do once I got there!
I watched her sew for a while, and I could sometimes hear the sounds of battle on the wind, even though if I stodd up and looked around I couldn't see anything. She said to me that I could hear battles, where the wielders of swords had taken wrong courses (no longer loving, truthful, careful of others).
She gave me a length of yellow thread - I have tied it round my sword wrist, so as not to forget the quest, and the danger of wielding a sword carelessly.

(A couple of days ago, someone tried to descibe a film scene to me, how someone got "accidently" killed with a sword. "The person with the sword, they forgot they were holding a sword in their hand" they said. How can you forget you're holding a sword? Perhaps too easily. I don't want to foget)

PathWalker

Long Meditation

I go to meet the Sword Maiden again, she smiles with recognition as she sees me climbing the slope towards her, and moreso when she sees the yellow thread tied around my wrist.
I see myself crossing the rainbow bridge in her stitiches. I tell her how I seem to be out of contact with a couple of friends; how I try to get in touch, but no word. She talks to me about the different travellers I might meet upon the road, in the inns along the way. Yes, some will be travelling away from my road, such is life. But imagine who you might meet!
She takes my hand, and points out the route to the road, tells me of the sword signposts I'll find there. I walk down the grassy slope and onto the green road.
Standing by the two swrods I feel concerned that the darkness in my life might well up and overwhelm me - lost friends, difficult times at home, confusion and struggle. I do see that I could make 'some' order out of some things though. I stand there a while, letting things wash around me.
The Snake says "sit". Then he tells me to bask in the sunshine when I get the chance, but have things prepared for colder , dangerous times - I feel he means my safe bolt-hole.

I walk towards the bridge - stones crumble away at the edges, but I know it is safe where I set my feet. When I reach the other side I wish I could cast my pain away. But what would I be, a shade walking the road, with no feelings, no real life if I did that. So I ask to cast away my self-centredness, too much concern for self blinds me to service, to the needs of others.

In hope of renewal, I walk back to the rainbow bridge and the doorway.

Pathwalker