Intuitive Tarot~The Empress III

minrice

The image of this Empress is so beautiful and gentle to me, and it really does feel like a safety and contentment that I don't usually get from the Empress in so many decks. Here she seems warm and comforting like a mother should be!

The colors are very soft and airy in comparison to the previous Arcanas, it's a neutral palette. I like that, I think it gives the sense of the Empress as being that feminine archetype but also as being everywhere and everything. Transcendent.

She holds her lotus scepter, and I love the presence of the mountains in the background. I think they give the scene a majestic quality!

For me, as with the Magician, I could see just stopping here and not wanting to move forward through the rest of the Arcana! But, we have to move on to the Emperor...

Attachments

• IT-E.jpg
    IT-E.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 82

desertrat

minrice said:
The image of this Empress is so beautiful and gentle to me, and it really does feel like a safety and contentment that I don't usually get from the Empress in so many decks. Here she seems warm and comforting like a mother should be!

The colors are very soft and airy in comparison to the previous Arcanas, it's a neutral palette. I like that, I think it gives the sense of the Empress as being that feminine archetype but also as being everywhere and everything. Transcendent.
I agree with you wholeheartedly about the feel of this card. It is one of my favorites.

This feels weird for me to say, but, I love her large breasts. They are absolutely maternal, supplying abundant nourishment and health to her children. It is unusual for the Empress card to include children, although she is often portrayed as being pregnant. I like that her baby rests sleepily and contentedly in her arms.

Her dress is red, the color of the mother goddess. I wish I could see the design on her ring. Is it the Venus symbol? And the round stone on her crown...a moonstone perhaps? I wonder about the white aura around her head. Is it a hat, a halo of light, or a massive amount of hair?

I like what you said about the muted colors of the landscape lending a sense of universality to this Empress. The mountains could easily be those of a desert as well as more temperate regions. I swear that one of those plants in the background is a small cactus.