Decks you want to create

Hooked on TdM

Oh very cool tarotbear! Yes very very similar. I would do that with the whole image though. :) well, I would if I could draw! Lol

MeeWah

Sandman Tarot

I want to make a Sandman tarot that really uses all the characters in the sandman comics by neil gaiman but also still has most of the symbolism of RWS.
I think it would take a long time with a lot of copyright issues but it would be fun to delve deeper into the comic to really try and get all the meaning.
Also definitely good practice to learn tarot even more in depth.
J

I am a fan of Neil Gaiman; & have had some of the Sandman comics, but wow: a Tarot deck based on them definitely an intriguing idea!

MeeWah

I 'sort of' did this on the Aces when I started colorizing my B/W deck: upright the skies are blues and pinks, but when the Aces are reversed the skies are all grays and dull. Of course, it was easy to do on the Aces since the suit symbol floats in the air.

They look fab!

& not at all influenced by glimpses of a portion of the coloured cards either ;)

Looking forward to the completion of colourized version, of course.

Chronata

A Sandman deck would be the coolest...especially if it didn't focus everything on the Endless...there are certainly enough characters for a full 78 cards!

I have a ton of decks I started but haven't completed...and that's not even mentioning the ones that are just a dream.

Need to keep plugging away.

cSpaceDiva

If I had the capability (I draw stick figures lol) I would create a deck where the card is reversible. The images would flow into each other. Kinda like an optical illusion. Top half would be sun based colours and imagery, bottom the moon. So the reversals would actually be a night/ day or sun/moon or fall winter/spring summer influence. The images would be complete but look different depending on which way it lands. (Think of those pictures made of dots or bubbles where it looks like something one way and something different turned the other way.)

So for example the high priestess is seated. Both ways would be the complete picture but upright would be the sunny version, reversed the moon. The card would not be chopped in half.

Of course my drawing skills are lacking so I'm not sure that's doable. Lol

Zach Wong did something similar to this with his Revelations Tarot.

Jeh

I would love to do a rabbit themed deck using imagery influenced by Watership Down. I know absolutely nothing about how to make a deck though, so I guess I should start researching.

tarotbear

A Marc Chagall-inspired shtetl-type deck with Tevye as The Fool?

Nar

If only I could draw...

I'd love to create a kitchen witch Tarot deck.

I was playing around with a classic rock Tarot, but it was just for fun. It involved putting classic rockers' faces into the Rider-Waite deck. It was good for a larf.

cSpaceDiva

I like to think up theme decks for the major arcana as a mental exercise. They are usually based on popular culture and could never be commercially produced because of copyright and licensing. I have come up with deck ideas using Beatles songs, as well as scenes and characters from Star Wars, LOST, and Nightmare Before Christmas.

Lately I have been thinking of a deck that relates to sewing. Theoretically that one could be produced. I don't consider myself an artist, but I can draw reasonably well if I have something to reference and if I feel like taking the time to do it. Not sure if I am interested in the production and marketing aspect of making a deck though. I mostly appreciate the thought experiment of finding the right aspect of the theme to match with the characteristics of the right card--it makes me think more deeply about both.

tarotbear

Lately I have been thinking of a deck that relates to sewing. Theoretically that one could be produced. I don't consider myself an artist, but I can draw reasonably well if I have something to reference and if I feel like taking the time to do it. Not sure if I am interested in the production and marketing aspect of making a deck though. I mostly appreciate the thought experiment of finding the right aspect of the theme to match with the characteristics of the right card--it makes me think more deeply about both.

Actually - that is a wonderful idea - Scissors or Needles for Swords, Buttons or Bobbins for Pentacles, Rulers for Wands, ... any suggestions for Cups? Thimbles? {Mentally running through his sewing tools ....}

***ETA***

Hmmmmm... 'The Sew-N-Sew Tarot' ... with Pips done in a TdM style ... it could work! IMHO the last thing we need is another Cat Tarot .... :p