Most useful two or three Tarot books

phetish

the 2 that have worked well for me:

Eileen Connolly - Tarot: A New Handbook for the Apprentice
the LWB that came with my Mythic Tarot (it's not little and it's not white either :) )

derek

fairyhedgehog

Heart of Tarot by Amber K, Azrael Arynn K

I've just read this one and it's a bit basic for me now, but I love the approach which is 'gestalt tarot', or using tarot cards as a psychological tool. Not that they are particularly consistent in their approach but well worth reading.

78 Degrees of Wisdom by Rachael Pollack.

The best bit of this for me was the introduction! But a definite influence none the less.

Learning the Tarot by Joan Bunning.

I used the online course so much that in the end it was easier to buy a copy of the book!

cesara

DoctorArcanus said:
The book I have found most useful is:

"Tarot for Your Self" By Mary K. Greer

I am sure I will have to read it again, because I have so much to learn from it! Of course, what is most useful depends on what are your goals. I think this book is useful if your goal is finding a personal approach to Tarot, something that is based more on creativity than on knowledge.

I think "Meditations on the Tarot" is another book that can help you find new and personal meaning in the cards. I tryed to read it but I found it too difficult, while Greer's book is more pragmatic and "lighter". Maybe, if I'll ever manage to understand Greer completely, I'll be ready to read and understand the Meditations :)

Marco

I second (or third, or or...lol) Greer's Tarot for Yourself...a great book. I have 2 copies! lol