Deck Elements: Hands

Phoenix

Oh, I hope I am not stepping out of bounds here, but I think that this study group could use a little push.

Looking through this deck, one notices tha there is a great use of hands. This book does not mention hands as one of the major design elements, but I feel that they are important.

Many cards have hands on them, and I am not just talking about the cards with people on them. Many cards have just hands, not attached to bodies. These hands are important to the overall feel of this deck.

Take your deck, and separate it out into a pile which have hands(include court cards, and cards with people) and a pile that doesn't contain hands.

1. How many of these are Majors?? How many court cards??

2. Which ones were these cards??

3. What do you notice about the hands in each of these cards??

4. What do they mean to you??

5. Was there was a card that had habds, that shouldn't?? Was there one that had hands that you think shoudn't have?? Why??

Jewel

Hey Phoenix! thanks for posting this. I had never thought of the use of hands before, this should be interesting to explore. Hopefully I can respond to your post within the week.

Phoenix

Actually there are a few things used quite often, and I hope to explore all of them!!

kayne

Fantastic Pheonix - I would love to explore them with you!

I plan on doing this hands excersize soon too... Great idea! (The 9 of Wands was the first card that came to mind when I saw the title of this thread...:))

Jewel

I have not forgotten ... trying to find time to do this! Will post as soon as time allows.

Phoenix

Ugh. I know the feeling. I just did my big french oral presentation today, so now I should have more time for this study group. WAIT!!! Oh man! I have exams comming up. Maybe by the end of June I will have some time.

Jewel

The imporatant thing is that we are committed to continue our studies, even if we need to pause for a bit to get our other stuff done. Good luck on your examps Phoenix!

Angel Star

Hi everyone I just got this deck last week and would love to join in on the study group. I have noticed there are alot of hands in this deck also. The book is just to die for. I really like the book that accompanies this deck. The authors writing makes this deck much more unique then if you just got the deck by itself.

Phoenix

I'm going to post this exercise some time this week(Hopefully!!!)

Jewel

I hope I can too.