Favorite books for beginners?

SarahRose

Mira said:
I just got the Llewellyn Tarot, and the book is fabulous!

Me too - I agree! :)

S
:T10C

6 Haunted Days

Anyankah said:
I'm finding Learning the Tarot by Joan Bunning very helpful. You can read it on the web at www.learntarot.com (I bought it in paper as well, since after being able to find that it was a good book for me on the web, I thought it would be nice to have and I want to encourage people to put their books on the web like that.)

Yes I have been visiting her site. I just ordered her book. I've been trying to order 78 Degrees of Wisdom for some time now at my local bookstore. Since it is an UK publisher, it seems they can't get it. Sheesh. Everytime I try to order from that place for some reason they can't get it, or it takes 2-3 weeks. And bookstores like that wonder why people go online and shop, and they're shutting down.

I love how she explains things in a very down to earth manner. I have tried so many books and most just lead into further confusion. I need a cohesive, direct learning method. I've been reading just from the hip for years, and I wanted to actually learn it in a lesson type way (without paying $800 online for a course!). So this book and site is perfect!

6 Haunted Days

SarahRose said:
Me too - I agree! :)

S
:T10C

Strange I DID love the book but fell quickly out of love with the cards, except for the Death, Moon and Tower cards. I traded it a few weeks ago. But I still would love to have that book! Very well done. Loved the stories and the card interpertations.