Ludy Lescot-The Four Twos

Hemera

I have been trying to check if I can find these ladies in some other cards but at least they are not the Aces and not the Queens and none of them is the High Priestess either (which is another number two card). The Ace and Two of Swords look a bit similar but it´s hard to say for sure because of the mask in the Ace.

Two of Swords: She looks distraught and I wonder why. This card is usually rather a calm one but not here. The red and white glove on the ground may be one reason for her fright. She is wearing what looks like a night gown. There is a spot of light in front of her, like a spotlight in a theatre perhaps? The general card colour is the same type of lavender as in the Ace.

Two of Chalices: This couple could be inside a large ship. The treasure chest, the net and the long windows behind make me think of an old wooden ship that sails in the high seas. The blond lady and the net make me think of how Aphrodite and Ares were caught in the net that Hephaistos (the jealous hubby) had crafted..

Two of Wands: It took me a long time to find the two wands in this picture but they must be the two trees in the background. There´s a lovely statue of Eros (a child of Aphrodite) in the background. The girl has been writing a letter and she is grabbing her Journal tightly with her arms.

Two of Pentacles: This suit is called Pentacles but there is a coin in the Ace and two stone rosettes in the Two. This is a big manor or a castle and she looks like she is waiting for something or someone. Lovely colours in this card!

Aerin

I especially like the 2 of Wands. I wondered if it was a love letter (the Eros), I also wondered why she was hugging one book and not the other. Maybe they represent different dreams, and she's chosen one not the other.

I think that the 2 of Swords indicates why the usual lady refuses to remove her blindfold... and she's one of those with no streaks under her eyes.

Hemera

I think that the 2 of Swords indicates why the usual lady refuses to remove her blindfold... and she's one of those with no streaks under her eyes.
Ah, this is brilliant! I did not remember the blindfold!

Aerin

I had another thought. Do you think she (2 Swords) is watching a duel??? I thought this because of the gloves, as in throwing down the gauntlet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel ... maybe two people are fighting over her, which would be somewhat distressing.

MaineGirl117

2/Swords

What I noticed the other day was the white and red glove. Could they be representing the White Phase and the Red Phase? Plus, the swords are crossed over right at the tip - a transitionary phase/mental phase?

The handles on the swords are different material too.

And did you notice the bandage wrapped around her wrist on the red side? Threat of suicide? Personal wounding? Did somebody do that to her? Does it tie over to the 4/swords??

La Force

new insight Ludy Lescot The 2's

I made a post on High Priestess card I will quote it below,

Here is my thought on this card. First of all I don't like this card as a high priestess, so I swapped her out in exchange for another High priestess card that I do like ( Favole Tarot) even though the card is smaller it doesn't affect shuffling.

anyways back to my thought. I sat for days trying to figure it out, then it dawned on me thanks to a friends comment, as we were driving down the highway. My friends comment was " do you want to be a fish swimming in a small pond or do you want to be a fish swimming in the ocean" I literally pulled over the car on the side of the highway, and said "that is it, that is what the card is saying" Turned to my friend and said "thanks".

If you stay in a pond there is no growth in any area of your life ( Koi fish and gold fish grow to the size of their pond or environment ) ie: small koi pond koi's will only grow to 10" a larger Koi pond they can grow up to 2 feet.

Therefore she is emerging from the Koi pond (with lilies and air bubbles oxygen) to expand her growth, for she is leaving this pond for the ocean through the (Gate) that is crumbling down, as a sign that she had been swimming in that pond (too small) for too long, which was suppressing her growth. Her hands ( fins ) of a Koi fish.

This card links up with the MOON card as we know, which has an opposite interpretation, that your to go into the small pond to explore it depths to find the treasure.

La Force

I have attached photos, I am still currently putting together my story, In the mean time take a look at the photos lets see what story you come up with. I will be back later with my story of these 2's.

the second photo I included the Page of Cups, both HP and Hanged man are water elements, there for all the 2's are the element of water.

IE: water/fire, water/water, water/air, water/earth

High Priestess and Hanged Man - Moon in Neptune
Sensitivity, sacrifice, healing, psychism, mission, invisibility, idealism, feeling, identity, longing, belonging, merging, Reality/fantasy, few/many, savior/victim/martyr, insist/yield, active/passive, sympathy/pity, altered states of consciousness, meditation, suffering/sacrifice is proof of aliveness, growth, worthiness, life is not real without intense feelings, changeable, moody, refuses to see realistically, distorted, displaced, self-deception, higher vibes, healer, may feel like being used, elusive, memories, rich imagination, dream life, unexpressed habit patterns

So now take a look at the four 2's, wow each of the 2's falls right into place with my above interpretation of moon-Neptune, so clearly.

Ie:
2 of coin; longing, belonging,
2 of wand; feeling she was being used, memories (books/journals), victim, sympathy/pity, dream life,
2 of Swords; refuses to see realistically (look on her face)lol, rich imagination,
2 of Cups; life is not real without intense feelings, unexpressed habits,

La Force

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 724
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 729

Prasomchai

I especially like the 2 of Wands. I wondered if it was a love letter (the Eros), I also wondered why she was hugging one book and not the other. Maybe they represent different dreams, and she's chosen one not the other.

For me the LWB quote was very appropriate. I was drawn to two people, one very distant, the other very close. The standard card can be about making a choice between two alternatives. This, coupled with the quote, made perfect sense for me. Can we live on words alone, or do we need more?

La Force

2 of Swords Ludy Lescot - White and Red Gloves

2 of Swords

I agree with the throwing down or picking up the gauntlet, the cliches for giving and accepting a challenge

the wearing of white gloves by Freemasons, is a symbol of purity, preventing unwitting and direct contact with anything unclean

white gloves allow only magnetism transformed into benign influences to filter out. at a Masonic lodge meeting there is a very special atmosphere of peace, calm and stillness.

gloves are also emblems of investiture, and their colour and shape, display their functions, they are also the mark of the noble.

so Red; action, inspiration, energy, strong will, anger, and animal urges

Red and white are key colors in alchemy; red/active= masculine, blood and white/passive= feminine, mother's milk.

First step; separate
Second step; purified
final step; then married together

by removing one's gloves in somebody's presence, one acknowledged their superiority and paid them homage by disarming oneself before them.

so maybe she was wearing the gloves, and disarms herself, she also isn't blind folded as in the traditional imagery of the 2 of swords, which could indicate that she is acknowledging with eyes wide open her choices and decisions that are before her. she will not be blind sided this time around. Is she giving a challenge or is she accepting and willing to take on a challenge

La Force

La Force

Two of Chalices: This couple could be inside a large ship. The treasure chest, the net and the long windows behind make me think of an old wooden ship that sails in the high seas. The blond lady and the net make me think of how Aphrodite and Ares were caught in the net that Hephaistos (the jealous hubby) had crafted..

The Net makes me think of this phrase " Hook, line and sinker" :D also she's gone fishing, lots of fish in the sea, she has caught one, if he's no good she can also throw him back into the ocean and catch some more, she does have a very large net you never know she could score two the next time around. he he