Osho Zen Tarot-2 clouds-schitzophrenia

paradoxx

the book provided with this deck relates this to being "between a rock and a hard place" it asks you if you want to "fall head first or feet first" and then dares you to let go of both. follow your heart "and if you don't know where it is, jump, when it starts beating there's no mistake where it is at all"

the contrast between teh green and orange sides is interesting, orange representing activity, green representing luck. either take what you have or go after it. IT's always one or the other, never an equalibrium. let it go, and engage the unknown. be one with the journey, and above all, follow your heart.

squeakmo9

I love how duality is depicted in this card, another way of looking at RWS 2 of Swords. It can be so hard sometimes for me to just get out of my own head, my own way. At times I can communicate with such flow, and at other times I'm rendered mute. It's all or nothing, and what a challenge to find the balance, or the Golden Mean.
I'm the type of person who tries to cover all her bases...thinking up a variety of scenerios to "save" myself pain and sorrow. Well, pain and sorrow are always bound to come, and yet I make my "plan A, plan B...etc", and to what end, till I get myself into countless knots, that's what. I'm am learning about trusting the Universe, in all its infinite wisdom, to Guide me. Allowing life to unfurl in bits and pieces, what a concept. Well, that's how I see this card, injecting some good 'ole fashion trust.

Briar Rose

OshoZen 2 of Clouds (swords)

OshoZen 2 of Clouds (swords) :T2S
Schizopherenia

1 : a psychotic disorder characterized by loss of contact with the environment, by noticeable deterioration in the level of functioning in everyday life, and by disintegration of personality expressed as disorder of feeling, thought (as in hallucinations and delusions), and conduct -- called also dementia praecox

I actually looked this up for everyone. It's from Merriam-Webster dictionary.

This card shows two even structures of opposite colors, with a person hanging on to each one, stretched out hands and feet, birds in the sky, clouds.

This card means to me to be true to yourself. Don't let society dictate how you should be.

I rented, "Devil Wears Prada" today. The assistant to a high fashion editor wanted the job so much, she conformed to fit the environment of the job, and she found out she was lossing herself, and in the end she quit the job.

I have to be very careful because I am in that same type of high end environment. I refuse to be fake just to fit in, or make the sale.

squeakmo9

When a relationship fails, I have felt like this...I feel bad, and wish there was reconciliation, yet it is nowhere to be found. Very difficult for me to let go of someone I once loved, always has been, but you can only hang on so long before everything just gives way, one way or another.

Alan Ross

HeavensVault said:
Schizopherenia

1 : a psychotic disorder characterized by loss of contact with the environment, by noticeable deterioration in the level of functioning in everyday life, and by disintegration of personality expressed as disorder of feeling, thought (as in hallucinations and delusions), and conduct -- called also dementia praecox

"Schizophrenia" in this card refers to a popular misconception of this disorder that defines it as "split personality." This card should probably have been named "Multiple Personality Disorder" or "Disassociative Identity Disorder," but I guess "Schizophrenia" sounds better.

We grow up constantly subjected to messages from mutliple sources, many of them contradicatory. As we mature, we internalize many of these messages, and the contradictions as well. No wonder so many of us struggle with internal conflicts! we start out as one and we end up many, a crowd of voices, each demanding to be heard.

The way to free ourselves from this crowd is by seeking our true voice, found in the center of our being. Our true voice can be heard if we allow ourselves to be simple, spontaneous, and non-judgmental. When we can recapture the innocence of a child, unity is restored.

Judith D

I both love and hate this card (perfect feelings for number 2 of the suit!). I love the image, and hate the title.
The image is so clever - a naked, vulnerable being, hanging on by the tippytoes and fingerends, trying to make a choice. Decisions, decisions! I like the idea that you cannot get out of this predicament by solving it, working it out with your mind. There are several similar sorts of idea throughout the deck - the fool, the knight of water, perhaps the five of fire, and even perhaps the page of rainbows. All about taking the risk, letting yourself go. The birds flying above show hope for the future, and maybe the clouds below hold out hope for a soft landing. I like the idea that unity is brought about not by bringing the two opposing sides together, but by letting go of them both.
I hate the title - I have a nephew who is a paranoid schizophrenic, and it is definitely not a normal condition of man. His voices tell him all sorts of horrible things at times, including to harm himself. I suppose it is fitting in many ways, as he hangs on to his mind with his nails, and has to face the duality of dreadful choice every day of his life. To use the name of the card in a reading would often seem to lessen the condition, minimise the horror, when using the diagnostic name of that dreadfull illness for something minor.

Grizabella

I have an aunt who is schizophrenic and I agree it's a horrible disorder.

I can understand the premise of the card, though. Being suspended between reality and the unreal. To a schizophrenic, their other world is more real than this one, though, and increasingly so, even with medication.

I guess the point of this card is to make your choice for the real---to decide what's real and go for it, not decide for the confusion of the world and it's "voices". Just like a schizophrenic has to constantly try to make the decision which is real--his voices or the real world. It's a dilimma like the 2 of Swords in other decks.

firecatpickles

This card is as confusing if not more so than the 7 of Swords --Politics. I only mention this because I am rifling through my deck in the order oft he cards & reading the posts of this studt group as I go along. See, both of these showed up in a reading, side by side, & added to their confusion (& I haven't even shuffled the deck since.). What strikes me is the similarity between the two cards. Both are about being true to oneself, bridging the congnitive dissonance, dealing with two sides to a persona/personality.

I think this card is associated with the "disassociative fugue" type of schizophrenia where the mind develops multiple personalities tocope with reality, rather than the disorder that the two of you have mentioned (dementia praecox, voices in the head, etc.)

Interestingly enough, my shrink pointed out that we never really know other people. I argue that we never really know ourselves. This cycle of attainment, of wanting, & of the ensuing pain, is an effort to get to know our selves (yes, two words) better. I never fail to learn something knew about myself each day.

Could this card be a gentle reminder that we should never end the quest.

Master_Margarita

Aeee, what a card. The message is clear. We just have to let go and fall into the void to break past our dependency on our conditioning. And yet. And yet.

It's scary.

ETA: It's also interesting that the clouds are all at the bottom of the card, where, if we let go, we fall. It is only the top of the card that has the clear sky. This is a very deliberate deck. I would have expected the clouds to be at the top.