SWWF ~ Healing Group ~ Undressing of a Salad ~ Faunabay, Marion, Keavy McGee, magenta

Alta

faunabay said:
Anyway, SHE (small fae in lower right) :) shows how you can concentrate on one thing and enjoy it! Not try to have 3 or 4 things going on at one time to the detriment of your stress level. :) And maybe once you get good at handling one thing you might be able to add another to the mix, but only if it doesn't stress you out. She's telling me humans don't truly know how to enjoy life..... from your second post And the small faerie on the right staying in the background perfectly happy to let the blue faerie take the stage. I do see her enjoying the show but knowing she wouldn't want to be up there herself.
Now there is an element of that fae that "I saw but didn't see". The ideas that not all talents insist on being front and centre, dazzling the crowd. Some are small and only pleasing and useful to yourself or possibly a small circle. But can be very satisfying.
But then, while I've been typing this, my eyes are now drawn to the skinny faerie on the left side who still only has one ball but seems to be running. Now he doesn't look happy. He doesn't look stressed either, just not happy. When I compare the way he looks to the way she does it shows me how you can only have one thing on your plate but still not be happy or content. It's your outlook that has the biggest effect.
I agree that there is something unhappy about this fae. Maybe he doesn't think his gift is 'enough', he definitely is looking around, maybe to compare what everyone else has. And I didn't think he wanted to share, oh no!
faunabay said:
hmmmm....then I go to the blue faerie in the middle who's juggling 3 balls. If you look at his face though he's not stressed at all. He looks very confident in his abilities to handle what he's doing. But I also get the impression that if one of the balls does fall he'll just pick it back up and continue. It's not that big of a deal. He's enjoying testing his abilities but when he gets tired he'll just put them down and rest, not keep trying when he's stopped enjoying himself.
I may have been unduly influenced by a fellow with whom I used to work. He was like this. The centre of all eyes, and if he wasn't, he made sure he was again immediately. Very very talented, exceptional, and very relaxed about how he handled his talents. In fact he was very darn good and even kind. Almost the only problem I had with him was his incessant desire to be 'the star'. But I love your comments!!! Yes, I can so see that in this fae.

Alta

((((((((magenta))))))) ((((((((((Keavy))))))))))))

Sweeties, let us know your thoughts!!! Just any old thoughts that the fae slip into your mind.

Look how silly and free-flowing faunabay and I are being. Just take off your clothes and jump in!!! :D :D :love: Marion

faunabay

Marion said:
oh, this is so cool faunabay. In fact I love the differences of pure reactions as much as the similarities. Also, check out Aurluna's and Grip Dellabonte's responses to the kneeling fae holding the ball behind. I think as much as anything they reflect who we are as much as the fae. Who I think are very adaptable.

I completely agree with this Marion. The fae are great at showing us what we each need to see. 10 people could look at/listen to the same faerie and get 10 different stories and information. I love that about them!!!

And I also second Marion ---- Keavy and magenta, where are you? We miss you! :*

Alta

I had an interesting experience that I wanted to share.

I don't work with the faeries all that often. I really like them but they are not my constant companions, as for Jewel, faerylvr and Kahlie for examples. But these past days, because I have been deliberately focusing on them, they have been everywhere.

For example, in church this morning. You're surprised! How do you think I felt? I mean, it was 'mind's eye' of course, but we all know how much a life of their own that faeries have.

When sitting in church, besides the people, I tend to imagine the church as filled with angels. Angels for me tend to appear as very tall slender beings, looking like streamers of light roughly in human form, and they were there, as always. But a whole group of fae were there, not specifically the group on our study card, but looking like an assorted group of Froud fae.

I was wondering "Will they mock?" But they didn't (yes, I was a bit surprised.) They sat on the floor near the alter and watched very attentively, not giggling or jumping around. I wondered if they were intimidated by the angels but there didn't seem to be any interaction.

One of our two priests gave the homily and they stared up at him so attentively. It was an amazing homily. He spoke about the parable of going after the lost lamb to bring it home and the rejoicing when it was found. And that there is more rejoicing in heaven for one saved soul than for all of the righteous. Then he did something even more amazing. He began to sing a hymn, all by himself. It told the story of losing the sheep, and finding it and bringing it home. It was astoundingly moving, but moreso for the woman beside me who began to sob.

During "The Peace" when we all exchange greetings and embraces, she whispered to me that just two years ago her beloved granddaughter had been murdered and the story of the lost lamb and how sometimes the lambs are never found hit her so hard.
I am not sure what all this had to do with the faeries, and whether they normally come to church or came because I invited them, has to do with the exercise. But it feels as if it does, so here it is.

Something about that which was lost can be found again and when it is, it rejoices the spirit.

Marion

geministar

faunabay said:
On the right side, right in the crook of the blue faerie's arm, at the elbow, is a smaller smiling, cuddly faerie holding a ball. She just looks so sweet. OHHHH! While I was typing that last sentence I meant to type "he" but when I looked up I had typed "she"!! I guess she's a she! Sorry honey! LOL She's giggling at me.

Anyway, SHE :) shows how you can concentrate on one thing and enjoy it! Not try to have 3 or 4 things going on at one time to the detriment of your stress level. :) And maybe once you get good at handling one thing you might beable to add another to the mix, but only if it doesn't stress you out. She's telling me humans don't truely know how to enjoy life. ( - Marion, I'm flashing back to the reading you did for me, but can't remember exactly what it said - something similar to this though. I'll have to go read it again, because she's telling me something very close to what someone else said in that reading. - ) When I look at her in this card I just want to pick her up and squeeze and cuddle. And she'd cuddle right back.

But then, while I've been typing this, my eyes are now drawn to the skinny faerie on the left side who still only has one ball but seems to be running. Now he doesn't look happy. He doesn't look stressed either, just not happy. When I compare the way he looks to the way she does it shows me how you can only have one thing on your plate but still not be happy or content. It's your outlook that has the biggest effect.

hmmmm....then I go to the blue faerie in the middle who's juggling 3 balls. If you look at his face though he's not stressed at all. He looks very confident in his abilities to handle what he's doing. But I also get the impression that if one of the balls does fall he'll just pick it back up and continue. It's not that big of a deal. He's enjoying testing his abilities but when he gets tired he'll jsut put them down and rest, not keep trying when he's stopped enjoying himself.

Through this rambling post - I've been going through the journey as I type too, they all have led me to their original thought they wanted all of us to understand. We just had to go the long way around. LOL That it really isn't how many things you are juggling it's how you look at them. And when you're tired just stop! Then once you've rested you can continue and probably get more done than if you had slogged through exhausted.

Hi there! Im sorry I hope you dont mind me butting in but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading this post by Faunabay. During this exercise the only fae I have really been drawn to is the little guy on the left and after reading Faunabay's post it makes me think differently about things.

Ive been saying in our thread that I want to be more like this little guy only concentrating on one thing at a time rather than a million things. But its what you mention about him looking unhappy or not content that has got me thinking. I might do some more meditations with this card and see how I go.

Alta

Hi geministar,
Happy to have you, or any of the group, chime in. Yes, I also was struck by faunabay's insights into this one.

Marion

Keavy McGee

I'm here!!

Or at least, I am here for one hour!! Just read through all of the posts from Marion, faunabay, Jewel, and geministar. What deep work you all are doing. I am very touched by it and feel how much you have given me to consider.

I also want to update you on my SWWF work as I start my silent retreat today and won't be back online until late Sunday or Monday. I'm sure this is going to be very lengthy, but here goes...

I came to these faeries "by accident". :laugh:

A friend told me about them, I opened them once, and then got busy with life. Then I decided a few weeks ago to really commit to my tarot studies and just basically jumped into every reading exchange on AT - like ya do, lol. Big mistake. I am too green, I don't have tons of time after work and house responsibilities, and I got in over my head. Lots of those little balls in the air. BUT I also felt a tremendous desire to learn, so I did all of the readings I committed to.

So with a little focus and a genuine heart check to see that, yes, this is what I wanted to do, even if I'd bitten off quite a large chunk, I followed thru on my commitments. And learned a lot. So many balls, each juggled with some degree of success, and I feel that was a successful way to manage, not my overall life or soul potential, but just the potential of that set of commitments. I like seeing it that way.

The faeries of Undressing of a Salad have been telling me that the question of tapping my potential is not ONLY about my larger life/soul purpose, although that is a big question for me as well, but it is ALSO in the details. Am I tapping my potential in the communications I have with my coworkers, speaking as clearly, non-judgmentally and articulately as I know I am capable of? Am I tapping my potential in the day-to-day interactions I have out in the world, or in what I write, or in my tarot studies?

For me, that seems to mean am I being fully present and doing the best I am capable of in the moment, not just getting by with throwaway phrases that mean I'm distracted, or unconscious behaviors that do nothing to enhance or further a relationship, some knowledge I am seeking, or my general impact in the world? They are making me think about how I spend each moment, the big and the small, and how I fulfill my potential all day long. This seems to be my place of learning right now.

As I look at the card, as has been said before, some of the faeries are just smiling peacefully and seemingly without stress. One is holding an orb as if it's a cookie that he can't wait to eat. Adroito has three balls, but there is no strain as he juggles them all. Sally holds one large ball and it is in her palm, but behind her.

I once tended to think I waS Sally, that there was one big thing I needed to know and to do, and once I figured that out, I would be happy. But Sally is looking to the left, to the past, and that is where this thought now resides.

Today, I see myself more like Adroito. I have more balls to juggle, but only one of them is in my face at this particular time, and if I am flexible and balanced, as his posture suggests, able to move in any direction as needed, I can see that a peace and joy is possible even while life is in motion.

The faerie on the left looks cranky to me. His eyes are slits, his face looks almost envious of Adroito, and he is in a hurry with those long legs, but not facing where he is going. He is too busy looking at and comparing himself to Adroito. But what I like about Adroito is that I don't see him to be showing off. His eyes are closed, he feels fully present and as if he is testing and juggling only for himself, not to threaten or impress anyone else.

The faeries tell me not to compare myself to or envy others, no matter how adept they may be at this juggling stuff. They say, "The first step to tapping your potential is to start where you are." So that is what I am going to be paying attention to.

I will close for now as it is time to head for the retreat. I'm going to look forward to catching up with everyone's posts when I return, and I will keep a journal with me on my retreat so that I can update the group on sunday or monday.

Much love,

Keavy :heart:

faunabay

Keavy McGee said:
They say, "The first step to tapping your potential is to start where you are." So that is what I am going to be paying attention to.

WOW! I love where you went with your thoughts - or where the faeries took you! LOL But this line right here is what strongly struck a chord with me!! The faeries are telling me - and I'm telling myself too - that I don't quite understand this fully and need to meditate on it and let it sink in more.

Alta

Hi Keavy, I saw you had posted earlier but just now got a chance to read it carefully.

It sounds to me as if the faeries are speaking to you very clearly. I love the idea that potential is in the smallest moment and we have chances to practice and develop our potential so many moments, not just the big ones.

Marion

Alta

Live and let live

Hi fellow SWWF travelers,

I haven't done much with the card for a day or two. I didn't post it but I did have an insight that perhaps I was going about it all wrong.

I love what you all have been coming up with and have enjoyed the posts in all of the threads. It does occur to me that we are all living our lives, different circumstances, different stages.

The faeries have made me think that perhaps my 'untapped potential' wasn't some big thing. It was more along the line of what Keavy came up with.

I don't think that I am going to solve the 11 dimension problem, or suddenly become a great healer or learn to play the violin. Even with application these things are beyond me, both for lack of natural talent and just my age. Adroito, no that isn't me. Perhaps someone that I can admire, and support and give advice to, but it isn't me. Not sure it ever was.

To me 'Sally' looks like someone who's discovery of her gifts is behind her, she isn't looking at them any more. Or maybe she is going to use them for bowling, who knows? :D

I think that I am identifying with the large fae on whose head Sally is sitting. She doesn't have a ball. She has lost sight in one eye and likely has weight issues. But, she is experienced, protective and can at least cheer.

Well, that's my thought for the day. Still not so sure I have it right.

I think I'll do another visualization with the four of us and the card and see what what develops.

This has certainly been an interesting and thought-provoking experience.

Marion